Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Not able to open rar files in yac reader

Not able to open rar files in yac reader 1 year 4 months ago #7248

doom13524

Fresh Boarder

i recently had some files in my windows instillation get corrupted and had to reinstall windows. my library was safe on another drive so i reinstalled yacreader and was able to add the library folder to the new installation and everything in it seems to open up fine, though i seem to be unable to add new rar files to it now(so far ive tried winrar and 7zip), when i try to drag and drop it in the library manager it give me a red circle with a line through it and if i manually place it in the folder it appears with the correct name but no cover and upon opening it non of the pages are available and i receive and unknown error.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Not able to open rar files in yac reader 1 year 4 months ago #7249

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

You have two options, add them to the folder you want using the files explorer and then updating the library or install the latest dev build, it includes a fix for this: github.com/YACReader/yacreader-dev-builds/releases
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Not able to open rar files in yac reader 1 year 4 months ago #7250

doom13524

Fresh Boarder

i went ahead and got the dev build and it partially solved the problem, i still cant drag and drop but updating the folder directly works but only partially some pages load but some pages don't load and some still have the unknown error.

Not able to open rar files in yac reader 1 year 4 months ago #7252

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

hmmm, that sounds weird, are you sure the files are 100% ok? try extracting them with winrar or 7zip.

And I can drag&drop just fine using the latest build.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last Edit: 1 year 4 months ago by Luis Ángel.

Not able to open rar files in yac reader 1 year 4 months ago #7253

doom13524

Fresh Boarder

ah the files were all separated into parts, i extracted them then re-zipped them and now it works thanks!