- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 1
Help and support for Windows users.
Yac Reader & Library hanging - Win 11
- manushjohn
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
3 years 2 months ago #7741
by manushjohn
Yac Reader & Library hanging - Win 11 was created by manushjohn
I have never had a problem with YAC Reader or Library. I decided to update yesterday to the latest version and then the problem started. I installed YACReader-v9.13.1.2307166-winx64-7z-qt6. I had deleted my old library so it could create a new one which it did successfully, I even opened a few comics and pdfs, it was all working, but then if I close the app and reopen it, it will just hang with a blank screen saying (not responding). I tried to reinstall to previous versions but it's all hanging now. Any idea why this is happening?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
3 years 2 months ago #7744
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Yac Reader & Library hanging - Win 11
Try doing a full reinstall, uninstall, make sure you have deleted the installation folder and then install again.
If that doesn't work, remove this folder:
(do a backup first)
If that doesn't work, remove this folder:
Code:
C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Local\YACReader
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- manushjohn
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 1
3 years 2 months ago #7745
by manushjohn
Replied by manushjohn on topic Yac Reader & Library hanging - Win 11
I already installed and reinstalled several times, I also deleted C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Local\YACReader
and then reinstalled, the issue persists. Anything else I can do?
and then reinstalled, the issue persists. Anything else I can do?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
3 years 2 months ago #7746
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Yac Reader & Library hanging - Win 11
Does the same happen if you use the non qt6 version? Get if from here:
github.com/YACReader/yacreader/releases
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- manushjohn
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 1
3 years 2 months ago #7747
by manushjohn
Replied by manushjohn on topic Yac Reader & Library hanging - Win 11
I tried that too, for multiple versions as well. Feels like something is broken.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
3 years 2 months ago #7748
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Yac Reader & Library hanging - Win 11
Are the drivers of you graphic card updated?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- manushjohn
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 1
3 years 2 months ago #7749
by manushjohn
Replied by manushjohn on topic Yac Reader & Library hanging - Win 11
Yes, I'm on the Lenovo Legion 5 Pro latest drivers.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
3 years 2 months ago #7750
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Yac Reader & Library hanging - Win 11
Does the problem happen after you add a library? or does it happen on first launch after reinstalling the app?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- manushjohn
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 1
3 years 2 months ago #7751
by manushjohn
Replied by manushjohn on topic Yac Reader & Library hanging - Win 11
Yes, after I add the library then i exit the app and reopen it and it hangs with an empty app screen. I just finished reinstalling windows 11, and now the problem is fixed. Seems something was broken in my win 11 installation.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel