- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Windows users.
Unable to Connect YacReader Remotely Windows10/ios
- kingshitturdisland
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
3 years 2 days ago #7899
by kingshitturdisland
Unable to Connect YacReader Remotely Windows10/ios was created by kingshitturdisland
Howdy, I have been having trouble attempting to connect to YacReader Server Remotely when I am away from my home wifi. I have tried many things on my own to try to circumvent the issue to no avail. I feel as though i have exhausted all possible options on my end, as I have other servers at my home working perfect remotely, no issue.
If possible I would like to reach out to the technical service for help. I currently use bit-defender total security and bit-defender vpn. Although this does not seem to interfere with any of my other services I thought I would make this known.
Any and all help would be much appreciated. I have tried everything from all forums posts, but none seems to really hone in on my issues.
Thank you for the amazing software, if only I could utilize it to its full potential. Like i do with my other servers such as… “Plex Server”
If possible I would like to reach out to the technical service for help. I currently use bit-defender total security and bit-defender vpn. Although this does not seem to interfere with any of my other services I thought I would make this known.
Any and all help would be much appreciated. I have tried everything from all forums posts, but none seems to really hone in on my issues.
Thank you for the amazing software, if only I could utilize it to its full potential. Like i do with my other servers such as… “Plex Server”
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
3 years 2 days ago #7900
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Unable to Connect YacReader Remotely Windows10/ios
What IP/port do you use when you are outside?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- kingshitturdisland
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
3 years 1 day ago #7901
by kingshitturdisland
Replied by kingshitturdisland on topic Unable to Connect YacReader Remotely Windows10/ios
Howdy, First here is a link to photos so you can have a visual.
photos.app.goo.gl/uqjkBP3DQV3vP1c69
https://photos.app.goo.gl/uqjkBP3DQV3vP1c69
1. Yacreader Server Connectivity Information.
Chose an IP address: 192.168.xx.xxx
Port: 59067
2. Bitdefender VPN
Private/public IP adress: 23.227.xxx.xxx
3. Port Forwarding is handled by my google mesh router not my arris modem. "Called Arris to confirm this."
Not sure hopw to set this up, using google port forwarding. i have provided an image of the port forwarding menu. I chose the connected item that matched the "SAME IP ADDRESS" as Yacreader Server IP address.
Thank you for the reply. I would be extatic if we could work together to get this working.
I can provide more info privatly as i do no want o share to much ip info in forum. but maybe this forum post will help people in the future.
photos.app.goo.gl/uqjkBP3DQV3vP1c69
https://photos.app.goo.gl/uqjkBP3DQV3vP1c69
1. Yacreader Server Connectivity Information.
Chose an IP address: 192.168.xx.xxx
Port: 59067
2. Bitdefender VPN
Private/public IP adress: 23.227.xxx.xxx
3. Port Forwarding is handled by my google mesh router not my arris modem. "Called Arris to confirm this."
Not sure hopw to set this up, using google port forwarding. i have provided an image of the port forwarding menu. I chose the connected item that matched the "SAME IP ADDRESS" as Yacreader Server IP address.
Thank you for the reply. I would be extatic if we could work together to get this working.
I can provide more info privatly as i do no want o share to much ip info in forum. but maybe this forum post will help people in the future.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
3 years 1 day ago #7903
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Unable to Connect YacReader Remotely Windows10/ios
You need to use your public IP, and the port needs to be forwarded.
Public IP/public port -> Local IP/local port
When you are outside you need to use your public connection data.
Public IP/public port -> Local IP/local port
When you are outside you need to use your public connection data.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel