Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for Windows users.

Library Organization

  • deucengine
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
2 years 11 months ago #7950 by deucengine
Library Organization was created by deucengine
Hello all! I am new to YACReader. So far I am really liking the app. I'm using the YACReaderLibrary to host the comics and read using my iPad.

One thing I am wonder as I'm not seeing anything built into the YACReaderLibrary, how do people their folder structures and comic files? Is it just a manual process?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #7951 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Library Organization
Yes, there are some plans to add metadata navigation a some automatic classification when adding new content.

I personally organize like this in folders:
Code:
root - series1 - series2 - volume 1 - volume 2

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #8302 by Rex4a69
Replied by Rex4a69 on topic Library Organization
I am a newbie to YAC. I haven't found anything on the site about file naming and folder structure. I notice the reply before they said there subfolder under Comics is the series name folder. What the comic is not part of a series? Seems like all my stuff is different and I can't figure out how to organize it. Currently, my main subfolders are the writers names. I don't know what else I can group them by if there is no series.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #8305 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Library Organization
It can be whatever you want.
Code:
writer - comic 1 - comic 2 - series 1 (folder) - series 2 (folder)

or
Code:
writer - singles - comic 1 - comic 2 - series 1 (folder) - series 2 (folder)

etc…

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Luis Ángel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!