Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for Windows users.

Create library on external hard disk

More
2 years 11 months ago #7986 by Har12
Windows 10 home
external USB hard disk
YAC version: 9.13.1
My comic books are on a Synology NAS

I would like to create a library on my external USB hard drive containing the comic books on the Synology NAS. When I would update this library, the new/changed comic books would need to be read from the Synology NAS.

How do I do that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #7988 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Create library on external hard disk
So do you want to have your all your comics in two places?

If not, you just need to create the library in your NAS, share the folder containing your comics over your network, and use with YACReaderLibrary in your Windows 10 machine.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #7990 by Har12
Replied by Har12 on topic Create library on external hard disk
Hello Luis,

Thank you for your support.

I have my comics on a shared NAS drive. This share is read only. When I try create a library with YACreaderlibrary, the library will be created by default in the subdir .yacreaderlibrary in the dir on the NAS. But this share is read only so the library can't be created.

Therefore I would like to create the library for my comics on the NAS share on my external USB drive.

How do I manage that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #7992 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Create library on external hard disk
Sadly that’s not possible, can’t you make the shared folder writable?

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 11 months ago #7993 by Har12
Replied by Har12 on topic Create library on external hard disk
Hello Luis,

Thank you for your quick reply.

I have found a solution: using folder management within Synology's DSM, I have given read and write permissions to the .yacreaderlibrary folder to my user account on the server. Everything works fine now.

This post can now be marked resolved (I don't know if I can do that myself?).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!