Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for Windows users.

YACReader Library and syncing libraries

  • iScending
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
11 years 10 months ago #892 by iScending
YACReader Library and syncing libraries was created by iScending
Hey gang,
I've connected my iPad to my PC and can see the libraries that I've got in YACReader Libraries, however, I can't for the life of me figure out how to transfer an entire library! As it is now I need to click the library so I see all the comics then click the "Import" button manually on all comics in said library.

What am I missing? There has to be an easier way? If there isn't there really should be ><!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #893 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader Library and syncing libraries
Hi iScending, welcome to the forum.

You are creating libraries in YACReaderLibrary for every folder you have. A library in YACReaderLibrary is a bigger concept. Just create a library in your "MyComics" folder, and then you will be able to browse it and import folders to your iPad. You can have as many folders and subfolders as you want in a single library.

You can create different libraries if you have your comics in different physical places, f.e: your local hard drive, an external hard drive and a NAS...

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by Luis Ángel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iScending

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • iScending
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #894 by iScending
Replied by iScending on topic YACReader Library and syncing libraries
Thank you kindly for the reply alas... I didn't get that at all ><.

I've created a folder in the app and once I connected the pad to the PC and click the "Import" button I see all the libraries I have in YACReader Library on my PC, however, there is no "Import" option for the library, all I can do is click whatever library I want to open and import comics one at a time. When I do this they also end up in the root of the "My Comics" section on my iPad. Clearly I'm doing something wrong and I'm probably being a complete tool alas I'm slightly clueless :P!
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by iScending.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago #895 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader Library and syncing libraries
Please, read this topic: www.yacreader.com/forum/support-windows/...ry-best-practice#797

There isn't import library option in YACReader for iOS, you can import comics and folders. Probably, your libraries shouldn't be libraries but folders.

In your PC, you probably have something like this:

MyComics
|-Subfolder 1
|-Subfolder 2
|-Subfolder 3

With YACReaderLibrary you have created three libraries in Subfolder 1, Subfolder 2 and Subfolder 3. Please, just create a single library in MyComics. Then, in YACReader for iOS you can open MyComics libraries and you will be able to import any subfolders with a single tap.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!