Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: YACReader Library and syncing libraries

YACReader Library and syncing libraries 9 years 5 months ago #892

iScending

Fresh Boarder

Hey gang,
I've connected my iPad to my PC and can see the libraries that I've got in YACReader Libraries, however, I can't for the life of me figure out how to transfer an entire library! As it is now I need to click the library so I see all the comics then click the "Import" button manually on all comics in said library.

What am I missing? There has to be an easier way? If there isn't there really should be ><!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YACReader Library and syncing libraries 9 years 4 months ago #893

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Hi iScending, welcome to the forum.

You are creating libraries in YACReaderLibrary for every folder you have. A library in YACReaderLibrary is a bigger concept. Just create a library in your "MyComics" folder, and then you will be able to browse it and import folders to your iPad. You can have as many folders and subfolders as you want in a single library.

You can create different libraries if you have your comics in different physical places, f.e: your local hard drive, an external hard drive and a NAS...
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by Luis Ángel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: iScending

YACReader Library and syncing libraries 9 years 4 months ago #894

iScending

Fresh Boarder

Thank you kindly for the reply alas... I didn't get that at all ><.

I've created a folder in the app and once I connected the pad to the PC and click the "Import" button I see all the libraries I have in YACReader Library on my PC, however, there is no "Import" option for the library, all I can do is click whatever library I want to open and import comics one at a time. When I do this they also end up in the root of the "My Comics" section on my iPad. Clearly I'm doing something wrong and I'm probably being a complete tool alas I'm slightly clueless :P!
Last Edit: 9 years 4 months ago by iScending.

YACReader Library and syncing libraries 9 years 4 months ago #895

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Please, read this topic: www.yacreader.com/forum/support-windows/...ry-best-practice#797

There isn't import library option in YACReader for iOS, you can import comics and folders. Probably, your libraries shouldn't be libraries but folders.

In your PC, you probably have something like this:

MyComics
|-Subfolder 1
|-Subfolder 2
|-Subfolder 3

With YACReaderLibrary you have created three libraries in Subfolder 1, Subfolder 2 and Subfolder 3. Please, just create a single library in MyComics. Then, in YACReader for iOS you can open MyComics libraries and you will be able to import any subfolders with a single tap.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\