- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Windows users.
ComicTagger metadata in YACReader
- Gemanoneko
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
2 years 3 weeks ago #8772
by Gemanoneko
ComicTagger metadata in YACReader was created by Gemanoneko
First of all - GREAT JOB.
YACReader is the only comics (and Manga) reader that works for me and I tried many of them.
I can also easily stream content from my network via the VPN (which I found much better suited for my needs than reverse proxy).
Yesterday I finally decided to tag my muli-terabyte collection properly.
After looking into different solutions, I found a ComicTagger which works fine. But it doesn't seem to do anything for YACReader. I mean, I still need to download the tags from Comic Vine in YACReader, after downloading them from Comic Vine via ComicTagger and rescanning the library.
Am I doing something wrong? Are those (ComicTagger metadata and YACReader metadata) 2 different incompatible sets of metadata?
YACReader is the only comics (and Manga) reader that works for me and I tried many of them.
I can also easily stream content from my network via the VPN (which I found much better suited for my needs than reverse proxy).
Yesterday I finally decided to tag my muli-terabyte collection properly.
After looking into different solutions, I found a ComicTagger which works fine. But it doesn't seem to do anything for YACReader. I mean, I still need to download the tags from Comic Vine in YACReader, after downloading them from Comic Vine via ComicTagger and rescanning the library.
Am I doing something wrong? Are those (ComicTagger metadata and YACReader metadata) 2 different incompatible sets of metadata?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 3 weeks ago #8773
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic ComicTagger metadata in YACReader
Store the tags using ComicInfo.xml, then in YACReaderLibrary you can enable "Import metadata from ComicInfo.xml when adding new comics". If you modify already imported comics you may need to use the context menu option in folders and libraries to rescan xml info.
I recommend tagging the comics before adding them to the library. Just be aware that attaching comicinfo.xml to a comic file will modify the comic file itself.
The latest versions of the iOS and Android apps also support re importing the metadata from YACReaderLibrary once it has been updated.
Glad to hear you like YACReader
.
I recommend tagging the comics before adding them to the library. Just be aware that attaching comicinfo.xml to a comic file will modify the comic file itself.
The latest versions of the iOS and Android apps also support re importing the metadata from YACReaderLibrary once it has been updated.
Glad to hear you like YACReader
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gemanoneko
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Gemanoneko
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
2 years 3 weeks ago #8777
by Gemanoneko
Replied by Gemanoneko on topic ComicTagger metadata in YACReader
Thank you so much for the answer.
Will try this tonight.
Will try this tonight.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel