- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 2
Help and support for Windows users.
Slow update and metadata
- JohhnySmoke
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
2 years 3 days ago #8885
by JohhnySmoke
Slow update and metadata was created by JohhnySmoke
Firstly thanks for the wonderful app that brings me much joy and the hard work that you put into it.
I have an issue when updating a folder it takes around 30 seconds to refresh even when that folder only has around 4 comics in it. I did some reorganizing of the folder and it recreated the metadata from scratch and is now fine.
Question: If you are experiencing slow updating of some folders what is the correct procedure to delete the existing metadata (the location where covers are stored) and start fresh again? I see a yacreader folder at the top of my folder but not sure if deleting that is the right way.
I recently upgraded to the latest YACREADER from a years old version and I am thinking some type of mismatch of old and new is causing this issue.
I have an issue when updating a folder it takes around 30 seconds to refresh even when that folder only has around 4 comics in it. I did some reorganizing of the folder and it recreated the metadata from scratch and is now fine.
Question: If you are experiencing slow updating of some folders what is the correct procedure to delete the existing metadata (the location where covers are stored) and start fresh again? I see a yacreader folder at the top of my folder but not sure if deleting that is the right way.
I recently upgraded to the latest YACREADER from a years old version and I am thinking some type of mismatch of old and new is causing this issue.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 3 days ago #8886
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Slow update and metadata
As part of the app update the data base can be modified depending on your previous versions, and some times it needs to populate some fields. Newest versions of the app do some calculations when the library gets updated. I guess some of these procedures were causing some extra time in the update.
If you use your library by adding and deleting comics constantly it could cause the DB go slower over time, since it keeps some of the metadata of all the comics it has contained.
If you use your library by adding and deleting comics constantly it could cause the DB go slower over time, since it keeps some of the metadata of all the comics it has contained.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- JohhnySmoke
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 2
2 years 2 days ago #8890
by JohhnySmoke
Replied by JohhnySmoke on topic Slow update and metadata
How do I delete the current metadata for a folder and start over?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 2 days ago - 2 years 2 days ago #8891
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Slow update and metadata
If by folder you mean library, there is a folder called .yacreaderlibrary in the root folder of the library that you can delete or you can remove the library and then, in the confirmation dialog, you can select sn option to delete the metadata.
For a folder in a library there’s nothing you can do.
BTW, where is your library stored?
For a folder in a library there’s nothing you can do.
BTW, where is your library stored?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 2 years 2 days ago by Luis Ángel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- JohhnySmoke
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 2
2 years 2 days ago #8892
by JohhnySmoke
Replied by JohhnySmoke on topic Slow update and metadata
My library is stored on an external hard drive.
I deleted the folder called .yacreaderlibrary and updated and that fixed the issue.
Thanks!
I deleted the folder called .yacreaderlibrary and updated and that fixed the issue.
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel