Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for Windows users.

YACReader apps unable to connect to server

  • Wyldemusick
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
1 year 10 months ago #8978 by Wyldemusick
YACReader apps unable to connect to server was created by Wyldemusick
This has come up before, where the apps will not connect to YACReader Library server, and forte life of me I don’t recall how that was solved.

This setup, on Windows 10, was doing fine until now — it was working okay a few days ago, then yesterday and today it won’t connect. Same port as it’s been for years (40000), no change in computer address, library drive is fine.

It’s consistent across the apps — iPadOS, Android on phone and tablet. I’m at a loss. I’ve power cycled the routers, added YACReader Library to the VPN exceptions, rebooted the computer, even tried different ports. Nothing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #8979 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader apps unable to connect to server
Is the firewall blocking the server?

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Wyldemusick
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
1 year 10 months ago #8983 by Wyldemusick
Replied by Wyldemusick on topic YACReader apps unable to connect to server
Nope, checked and there's an exception in place. I also shut down the VPN to check that. Entered the address + port in the browser, it went right on through and gave me a list of the libraries and even opened them.

Apps are still not connecting with the server.

I might have to settle for what happened last time...poking at it until it solves without explanation.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #9002 by Divine Dragon
Replied by Divine Dragon on topic YACReader apps unable to connect to server
I’m having the exact same problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #9003 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader apps unable to connect to server
It’s plain http. The causes can be:
  • Wrong connection data
  • Devices not in the same network
  • Firewall
  • Permission to access your local network
  • Router is using some isolation mode

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Wyldemusick
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
1 year 10 months ago #9004 by Wyldemusick
Replied by Wyldemusick on topic YACReader apps unable to connect to server
Connection has been tried using the QR code to set up the connection. This same connection was working up to the point that it wasn't, several days ago.

All devices are on the same network. It's a mesh network, and was working fine with YACreader until a few days ago.

Firewall has been checked. YACreader has a pass-through. It also has a tunnel on the VPN.

All devices have permission to connect to the local network. This is working fine with Plex, for example. As noted above, the port I use is open and YACreader Library can be accessed by entering the IP into the browser.

I'm not sure what you mean by "isolation mode."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #9005 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader apps unable to connect to server
Is there more than one ip in the combo box in the server configuration dialog (where the qr code is)?

Can you tell me the local ips of your devices? ios, android and the server

When you use the ip and port in a browser are you doing it on iOS/Android?

Is there any chance you can force all the devices to connect to the same node of the mesh? The closest to this I’ve seen was the client being connected to an AP that could not see the server, this is obviously different, but I would like to discard as many things as possible.

BTW does the connection time out or what kind of error do you get?

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Luis Ángel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #9008 by halokilla77
Replied by halokilla77 on topic YACReader apps unable to connect to server
Hi, new to the forum and I wanted to also add that I'm having the same issue. I keep getting an error message "The request timed out". It's been working for fine with no issues until a few days ago.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #9009 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader apps unable to connect to server
A time out normally means that the server is not in the ip/port you are using or that something is blocking the connection.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Luis Ángel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Wyldemusick
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
1 year 9 months ago #9095 by Wyldemusick
Replied by Wyldemusick on topic YACReader apps unable to connect to server
Apologies for the long silence...I've been busy, and never quite found a few minutes to drop back here.

Import from YACReader Library is finally working again -- and I have no clue if you fixed something in this last update, or if I finally sorted something. What I do know is that Plex ended up being the only app that could connect across devices, and others, such as Audiobookshelf, suddenly lost their ability to talk to servers on computer. I started digging into this only to have my mesh extender quit working too, dumping me back on the lousy wifi card on this computer (I'll replace the extender soon.) Changing settings on the main router did nothing, meanwhile.

when I could, I got back to it nd poked through various settings. Updated the driver for the lousy wifi card. Enabled media streaming (which should have been enabled already, but c'est la vie. I figured that last might help, so pulled up YACReader on the iPad, saw your update notice, and tried import...and voila. It worked. Victory lap!

But the question remains -- was it your fixes, or my tweaks?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!