- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
Help and support for Windows users.
One file source, multiple libraries.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
1 year 7 months ago #9305
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic One file source, multiple libraries.
Libraries are designed to be portable, they use relative paths to the .yacreaderlibrary folder location, that's why I asked you about checking what's going on with the DB files.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dmaker
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 40
- Thank you received: 1
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #9306
by dmaker
Replied by dmaker on topic One file source, multiple libraries.
I understand that. But in my case, a Windows client that can utilize a remote library via a YAC server (like Android and iOS) would be great. It seems to perform quite well with Android, so would likely be even better on a recent Windows laptop.
If not that, perhaps have the .yacreaderlibrary folder be written locally vs on the remote file share? That way you could have as many installations share the same source files with no hassle potentially?
Anyway, food for thought. I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my questions and for creating the absolute best comics app on the web!
If not that, perhaps have the .yacreaderlibrary folder be written locally vs on the remote file share? That way you could have as many installations share the same source files with no hassle potentially?
Anyway, food for thought. I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my questions and for creating the absolute best comics app on the web!
Last edit: 1 year 7 months ago by dmaker.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- oosuoosu
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
1 year 5 months ago #9430
by oosuoosu
Replied by oosuoosu on topic One file source, multiple libraries.
Hey just wanted to put my two cents in.
This app has been great to use.
Same as you I thought I needed to create a library for each user.
I have a similar machine to a NUC, running windows and the comics on a external USB HD.
I created a hard link using this command:
mklink /d "C:\Manga\UserA\New Folder" "E:\Manga New\New folder"
"C:\Manga\UserA\New Folder" is the destination
"E:\Manga New\New folder" is the source
UserA could be Dad, Mom, Son1, Son2, Daughter
I have created a corresponding local logins for each of the users on my local windows machine. (e.g. Dad, Mom, Son1, Son2, Daughter)
Then I open YAcReader Library for each user and pointing the library for each user or different library(e.g. c:\Manga\Dad\New Folder, C:\Manga\Mom\New Folder ...)
I don't know if that would solve your problem but it worked for me until I found out no one wanted to use the server but me lol.
This app has been great to use.
Same as you I thought I needed to create a library for each user.
I have a similar machine to a NUC, running windows and the comics on a external USB HD.
I created a hard link using this command:
mklink /d "C:\Manga\UserA\New Folder" "E:\Manga New\New folder"
"C:\Manga\UserA\New Folder" is the destination
"E:\Manga New\New folder" is the source
UserA could be Dad, Mom, Son1, Son2, Daughter
I have created a corresponding local logins for each of the users on my local windows machine. (e.g. Dad, Mom, Son1, Son2, Daughter)
Then I open YAcReader Library for each user and pointing the library for each user or different library(e.g. c:\Manga\Dad\New Folder, C:\Manga\Mom\New Folder ...)
I don't know if that would solve your problem but it worked for me until I found out no one wanted to use the server but me lol.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel