- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 4
Help and support for Windows users.
Topics for YAC Library on Windows
- Korok
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
1 year 1 month ago #9625
by Korok
Topics for YAC Library on Windows was created by Korok
Hello,
I am using YAC Reader and YAC Library on Windows.
I love it and for me its the best Software for my Manga an Comics. So thanks a lot.
All issues below are tested on Win10 and Win11 on 3 different PCs.
I used the current official release "YACReader-v9.15.0.2501014" from the HomePage.
I also tried to use a view of the newer versions from GitHub. But they don’t work for me as I always get the error:
"This application failed to start because no QT platform plugin could be initialized..."
after I installed and restarted.
So maybe some issues are already solved or added. (Would be happy to know what I do wrong so I can use a newer version from GitHub)
Here are the changes / improvements I hope you will consider for the future:
ALL for YAC Library.
#1
Some Manga titles are ridicules long. The problem is that the Library will just ignore the Folder a Manga that it sees as to long.
Windows itself does not have an issue with the length.
Looks like the max path/name length is shorter for the Library. That is OK. But it would be great if the Library would at least show that there is a Folder with to long name.
For example, I have the Folder "Manga" and inside are 77 Folder with my Mangas. One of them is to long. Then I see in Yac Library only 76 series. You would not notice that one series is missing.
Solutions I would suggest:
A: Just display them, if the path is to long for the Library, shorten it internally by removing some characters from Center (so that Vol or Chapter is still visible at the end). I do not mean to modify the real file.
If That is not possible
B: Add a dummy folder as place holder with the information "Comic XXXX" file name is to long, cannot be displayed.
Then you at least know that you have to fix it by hand.
#2
I can set a single Manga as "Unread" but it does not work for me to set a complete folder back to unread so I can restart all comics from the beginning. Currently I have to select each manga one by one to unread.
It would also work to "Shift - Select" multiple Manga. But I can't do that in my case because I built a reading station on my recliner and I only have a mouse to control everything. If I need to type I use the Windows Keybord. But with that you cant Shift Select..
That's why I want to be able to reset the complete folder. The option is already in the software. It's just not working.
#3
Additional folder view mode for Comics.
I would like to display all Comics that are in a parent folder.
Currently it is like this.
You have a Parent folder "Sport" and inside you have 3 series Title TA (3 Comics) & TB (9 Comics) & TC (5 Comics). Inside each Title folder you have some comics.
If you click on Parent folder "Sport" you will see the first Comic Cover of the 3 titles. So you see 3 Cover.
TA Vol1
TB Vol1
TC Vol1
I would like the option to see all the Comics inside of "Sport". So in this case all 17 Comics, ordered according to folders. Not randomized. (Similar to how the Recent folder is displayed for newly added comics)
#4
Possibility to show title folder by order they were added / modified:
If you add a new folder to the Library you see a small yellow dot in the file tree (The Dots will disappear after some time).
And they appear in "Recent". That's really nice.
I would like a view were I can for example see the last 30 Titles that were added or modified (added a new comic).
Explanation:
When I update my library, I have added new comics to different parent folders.
New Comics in "Sport" "Aktion" "Isekai" and so on. So I see everywhere yellow dots in file tree.
I am not sure what the rule is when they disappear.
So like in "Recent" I would like to have the folders listed (only see one volume even if I added 3 new).
As I said I want to see the last 20 or 30 Titles that got an update or were added as new. Not each new book.
Sometimes I add a series that has 40+ Volumes. That's why I only want to see 1 Entry, not each newly added comic.
#5
This is more a bug, or I am being stupid.
When I was testing all functions of YAC Library I clicked on "Full screen mode". Then I was not able to exit it anymore.
As I said I only have a mouse on my main reading PC, but there was no option to close it with the mouse I could find. So I thought I probably need to press ESC. So I had to restart the PC... I later tried it on my other PC but ESC did also not work. I had to shut down the program with ALT+F4.
That was a long time ago and I learned to never touch that button again.
Thanks again for the great Work
I am using YAC Reader and YAC Library on Windows.
I love it and for me its the best Software for my Manga an Comics. So thanks a lot.
All issues below are tested on Win10 and Win11 on 3 different PCs.
I used the current official release "YACReader-v9.15.0.2501014" from the HomePage.
I also tried to use a view of the newer versions from GitHub. But they don’t work for me as I always get the error:
"This application failed to start because no QT platform plugin could be initialized..."
after I installed and restarted.
So maybe some issues are already solved or added. (Would be happy to know what I do wrong so I can use a newer version from GitHub)
Here are the changes / improvements I hope you will consider for the future:
ALL for YAC Library.
#1
Some Manga titles are ridicules long. The problem is that the Library will just ignore the Folder a Manga that it sees as to long.
Windows itself does not have an issue with the length.
Looks like the max path/name length is shorter for the Library. That is OK. But it would be great if the Library would at least show that there is a Folder with to long name.
For example, I have the Folder "Manga" and inside are 77 Folder with my Mangas. One of them is to long. Then I see in Yac Library only 76 series. You would not notice that one series is missing.
Solutions I would suggest:
A: Just display them, if the path is to long for the Library, shorten it internally by removing some characters from Center (so that Vol or Chapter is still visible at the end). I do not mean to modify the real file.
If That is not possible
B: Add a dummy folder as place holder with the information "Comic XXXX" file name is to long, cannot be displayed.
Then you at least know that you have to fix it by hand.
#2
I can set a single Manga as "Unread" but it does not work for me to set a complete folder back to unread so I can restart all comics from the beginning. Currently I have to select each manga one by one to unread.
It would also work to "Shift - Select" multiple Manga. But I can't do that in my case because I built a reading station on my recliner and I only have a mouse to control everything. If I need to type I use the Windows Keybord. But with that you cant Shift Select..
That's why I want to be able to reset the complete folder. The option is already in the software. It's just not working.
#3
Additional folder view mode for Comics.
I would like to display all Comics that are in a parent folder.
Currently it is like this.
You have a Parent folder "Sport" and inside you have 3 series Title TA (3 Comics) & TB (9 Comics) & TC (5 Comics). Inside each Title folder you have some comics.
If you click on Parent folder "Sport" you will see the first Comic Cover of the 3 titles. So you see 3 Cover.
TA Vol1
TB Vol1
TC Vol1
I would like the option to see all the Comics inside of "Sport". So in this case all 17 Comics, ordered according to folders. Not randomized. (Similar to how the Recent folder is displayed for newly added comics)
#4
Possibility to show title folder by order they were added / modified:
If you add a new folder to the Library you see a small yellow dot in the file tree (The Dots will disappear after some time).
And they appear in "Recent". That's really nice.
I would like a view were I can for example see the last 30 Titles that were added or modified (added a new comic).
Explanation:
When I update my library, I have added new comics to different parent folders.
New Comics in "Sport" "Aktion" "Isekai" and so on. So I see everywhere yellow dots in file tree.
I am not sure what the rule is when they disappear.
So like in "Recent" I would like to have the folders listed (only see one volume even if I added 3 new).
As I said I want to see the last 20 or 30 Titles that got an update or were added as new. Not each new book.
Sometimes I add a series that has 40+ Volumes. That's why I only want to see 1 Entry, not each newly added comic.
#5
This is more a bug, or I am being stupid.
When I was testing all functions of YAC Library I clicked on "Full screen mode". Then I was not able to exit it anymore.
As I said I only have a mouse on my main reading PC, but there was no option to close it with the mouse I could find. So I thought I probably need to press ESC. So I had to restart the PC... I later tried it on my other PC but ESC did also not work. I had to shut down the program with ALT+F4.
That was a long time ago and I learned to never touch that button again.
Thanks again for the great Work
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 1 month ago #9629
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Topics for YAC Library on Windows
Thanks a lot for all the feedback I am incredibly busy right now, if I don’t come back ro you please ping me.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Korok
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 4
10 months 3 weeks ago #9748
by Korok
Replied by Korok on topic Topics for YAC Library on Windows
Hello
as a little more than 2 Months have past I take you up on your offer to send this reminder.
I hope you are not so busy anymore.
as a little more than 2 Months have past I take you up on your offer to send this reminder.
I hope you are not so busy anymore.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
10 months 3 weeks ago #9751
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Topics for YAC Library on Windows
Thanks! And yeah I am still pretty busy.
#1 Long paths can be an issue yeah, normally if the app has problems with the path means that it’s too long for windows with its default configuration. I need to work on this.
#2 There is a button to select all comics in the tool bar (it’s a two ticks icon)
#3 Not possible at the moment, maybe something like Shift+click could enabled this behavior….I’ll think about it.
#4 The search can help with this I think, 9.13 added some new expressions so you can try filtering by the added field, you’ll see in the folders tree only the folders that match your search yacreader.com/66-9-13-0-brings-new-metadata-support-and-more
#5 There is a shortcut for this, by default is F if I remember correctly, you can change it, double click in the flow also works, and there is also the context menu with an entry IIRC.
Sorry for the super late reply.
#1 Long paths can be an issue yeah, normally if the app has problems with the path means that it’s too long for windows with its default configuration. I need to work on this.
#2 There is a button to select all comics in the tool bar (it’s a two ticks icon)
#3 Not possible at the moment, maybe something like Shift+click could enabled this behavior….I’ll think about it.
#4 The search can help with this I think, 9.13 added some new expressions so you can try filtering by the added field, you’ll see in the folders tree only the folders that match your search yacreader.com/66-9-13-0-brings-new-metadata-support-and-more
#5 There is a shortcut for this, by default is F if I remember correctly, you can change it, double click in the flow also works, and there is also the context menu with an entry IIRC.
Sorry for the super late reply.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Korok
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 16
- Thank you received: 4
10 months 3 weeks ago #9753
by Korok
Replied by Korok on topic Topics for YAC Library on Windows
Hello,
thanks for the reply.
#1 Its a mini PC with fresh Stock Win11 I had installed after wiping the preinstalled version.
On it I only have YACReder for Comics and Manga. SumtraPDF for WebToons and a simple ePub reader.
+ Firefox
Thats it, I only use it for reading.
On my other PCB I know that my Torrent client hat an option to extend paths.
So I had seend that issue with to long file names on the PCB without modification.
That only for information.
#2 Thanks a lot. I did not see/know that one. It speeds up the resetting a Lot.
I can live with that as it helps a lot.
But I still wonder what the option in the folder tree is then (In contect menü).
It does togle from "Set to read" -> "Set to unread" and back. It just does not change the Mangas to read or unread.
See for example https://ibb.co/wZDWzprF
#5
OK I checked this again and I still get stuck.
To make sure we are on the same page. I am only talking about YAC Library not the Reader.
F Key is working to close is. But as I meantioned I only have a mouse and use the windows desctop keybord if I need to type something. But if I click on that button "Fillscreen Mode On/Off" I can not access it anymore.
In Library ther is no context menü in full screen mode.
I am not sure what you meant with "flow", thats why I clicked everywere on the screen, but is does not close full screen mode.
Double clicking a comic also does not help, as the opened comic will be opened in the backround... that also does not make sense.
So without being able to press F you can only shut down the PCB. Thats why I stay away from full screen mode.
In the reader you can double click enywere or rigtklick and close by context menü. No issue there.
I cant say it too many time. Thanks a lot for YAC. Next coffee is on me
thanks for the reply.
#1 Its a mini PC with fresh Stock Win11 I had installed after wiping the preinstalled version.
On it I only have YACReder for Comics and Manga. SumtraPDF for WebToons and a simple ePub reader.
+ Firefox
Thats it, I only use it for reading.
On my other PCB I know that my Torrent client hat an option to extend paths.
So I had seend that issue with to long file names on the PCB without modification.
That only for information.
#2 Thanks a lot. I did not see/know that one. It speeds up the resetting a Lot.
I can live with that as it helps a lot.
But I still wonder what the option in the folder tree is then (In contect menü).
It does togle from "Set to read" -> "Set to unread" and back. It just does not change the Mangas to read or unread.
See for example https://ibb.co/wZDWzprF
#5
OK I checked this again and I still get stuck.
To make sure we are on the same page. I am only talking about YAC Library not the Reader.
F Key is working to close is. But as I meantioned I only have a mouse and use the windows desctop keybord if I need to type something. But if I click on that button "Fillscreen Mode On/Off" I can not access it anymore.
In Library ther is no context menü in full screen mode.
I am not sure what you meant with "flow", thats why I clicked everywere on the screen, but is does not close full screen mode.
Double clicking a comic also does not help, as the opened comic will be opened in the backround... that also does not make sense.
So without being able to press F you can only shut down the PCB. Thats why I stay away from full screen mode.
In the reader you can double click enywere or rigtklick and close by context menü. No issue there.
I cant say it too many time. Thanks a lot for YAC. Next coffee is on me
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
10 months 3 weeks ago #9754
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Topics for YAC Library on Windows
#1 I just hate how windows handles this, but yes I need to do something about it.
#2 keeps things separated for tracking, e.g. you set to read a folder because you actually read it and then you may revisit some issues in the folder that may have different read states.
#5 Yeah, the library, I’ll double check it.
Thank you for using YACReader, and thanks for the donation, it really helps with the project expenses.
#2 keeps things separated for tracking, e.g. you set to read a folder because you actually read it and then you may revisit some issues in the folder that may have different read states.
#5 Yeah, the library, I’ll double check it.
Thank you for using YACReader, and thanks for the donation, it really helps with the project expenses.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel