- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Windows users.
Deleting Comics From Library
- mhnn2k14
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
11 years 2 months ago #1706
by mhnn2k14
Deleting Comics From Library was created by mhnn2k14
Just starting using YACReader. Love the interface and usability but I have a question.
Is it possible to delete a comic or folder from the library without deleting it from the disk?
Is it possible to delete a comic or folder from the library without deleting it from the disk?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #1708
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Deleting Comics From Library
Not really. The only comics that can be deleted without removing them from disk are those is the "Reading lists" section.
Could you describe your use case a little bit more? Why do you need to do this?
BTW, welcome to the forum!
Could you describe your use case a little bit more? Why do you need to do this?
BTW, welcome to the forum!
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Luis Ángel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mhnn2k14
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- mhnn2k14
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 2 months ago #1710
by mhnn2k14
Replied by mhnn2k14 on topic Deleting Comics From Library
It's not really a big deal, but my folder of comics has subfolders divided into publisher. But I have one folder that I put stuff in I haven't had a chance to sort yet and some other things. I don't really want that folder as part of the library. But if the solution is to move the folder, I'll live with it.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 2 months ago #1712
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Deleting Comics From Library
I have a separated library for unsorted comics. I like to take a quick look at it using the comic flow...
In any case, I will add this feature to the TODO list. I have to think about it.
In any case, I will add this feature to the TODO list. I have to think about it.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Qulox
-
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 42
- Thank you received: 8
11 years 2 months ago #1713
by Qulox
Replied by Qulox on topic Deleting Comics From Library
Sort of like Windows Media Player does: "Remove from library" or "Remove from library and delete from disk"
The following user(s) said Thank You: DOS76
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- DOS76
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
6 years 3 months ago #5297
by DOS76
Replied by DOS76 on topic Deleting Comics From Library
I'm guessing this never went anywhere? I'm not fond of any program being able to delete my data. I have a folder I added mistakenly nested in another folder and want to remove it. I guess the only way to do so would be to remove the entire library. I'm very glad I looked into this it being labeled delete from disk was a scary thing to read and I didn't want to press that without knowing for sure it wouldn't delete my actual comics. There are many reason someone wouldn't want something included in the library but wouldn't want it deleted say for instance in my case I have a very large Marvel library with titles like Alf and Barbie that I really don't have any interest in reading but do have interest in preserving because Marvel published them. I would like to keep them in my collection but not have them show in my library or in my case I added something mistakenly and now see no way to correct my mistake. Hopefully this will implemented in the future. I love YAC reader but not sure how I feel about the library part of it yet I'll continue to set it up but may decide its not for me. Either way thanks for listening and making such a great comic reeder.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
6 years 3 months ago #5298
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Deleting Comics From Library
I was reluctant to add the delete option, but I finally added it, and yes the confirmation message is meant to be scary...
Adding options to hide things in the library that are on disk is doable, do I have time to add it now? no...so I have to prioritize features. Most people are fine by having libraries that are a 1:1 representation of what is on disk, the enhancements provided by YACReaderLibrary make exploring your library way better than using the operative system file browser IMHO. If YACReaderLibrary is not for you, what’s the alternative to browse your marvel collection without seeing those Alf and Barbie comics?
Adding options to hide things in the library that are on disk is doable, do I have time to add it now? no...so I have to prioritize features. Most people are fine by having libraries that are a 1:1 representation of what is on disk, the enhancements provided by YACReaderLibrary make exploring your library way better than using the operative system file browser IMHO. If YACReaderLibrary is not for you, what’s the alternative to browse your marvel collection without seeing those Alf and Barbie comics?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel