Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Deleting Comics From Library

Deleting Comics From Library 8 years 8 months ago #1706

mhnn2k14

Fresh Boarder

Just starting using YACReader. Love the interface and usability but I have a question.
Is it possible to delete a comic or folder from the library without deleting it from the disk?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Deleting Comics From Library 8 years 8 months ago #1708

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Not really. The only comics that can be deleted without removing them from disk are those is the "Reading lists" section.

Could you describe your use case a little bit more? Why do you need to do this?

BTW, welcome to the forum!
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last Edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Luis Ángel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mhnn2k14

Deleting Comics From Library 8 years 8 months ago #1710

mhnn2k14

Fresh Boarder

It's not really a big deal, but my folder of comics has subfolders divided into publisher. But I have one folder that I put stuff in I haven't had a chance to sort yet and some other things. I don't really want that folder as part of the library. But if the solution is to move the folder, I'll live with it.

Deleting Comics From Library 8 years 8 months ago #1712

Luis Ángel

Administrator

I have a separated library for unsorted comics. I like to take a quick look at it using the comic flow...

In any case, I will add this feature to the TODO list. I have to think about it.
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Deleting Comics From Library 8 years 8 months ago #1713

Qulox

Senior Boarder

Thank you received: 8

Sort of like Windows Media Player does: "Remove from library" or "Remove from library and delete from disk"
The following user(s) said Thank You: DOS76

Deleting Comics From Library 3 years 10 months ago #5297

DOS76

Fresh Boarder

I'm guessing this never went anywhere? I'm not fond of any program being able to delete my data. I have a folder I added mistakenly nested in another folder and want to remove it. I guess the only way to do so would be to remove the entire library. I'm very glad I looked into this it being labeled delete from disk was a scary thing to read and I didn't want to press that without knowing for sure it wouldn't delete my actual comics. There are many reason someone wouldn't want something included in the library but wouldn't want it deleted say for instance in my case I have a very large Marvel library with titles like Alf and Barbie that I really don't have any interest in reading but do have interest in preserving because Marvel published them. I would like to keep them in my collection but not have them show in my library or in my case I added something mistakenly and now see no way to correct my mistake. Hopefully this will implemented in the future. I love YAC reader but not sure how I feel about the library part of it yet I'll continue to set it up but may decide its not for me. Either way thanks for listening and making such a great comic reeder.

Deleting Comics From Library 3 years 10 months ago #5298

Luis Ángel

Administrator

I was reluctant to add the delete option, but I finally added it, and yes the confirmation message is meant to be scary...

Adding options to hide things in the library that are on disk is doable, do I have time to add it now? no...so I have to prioritize features. Most people are fine by having libraries that are a 1:1 representation of what is on disk, the enhancements provided by YACReaderLibrary make exploring your library way better than using the operative system file browser IMHO. If YACReaderLibrary is not for you, what’s the alternative to browse your marvel collection without seeing those Alf and Barbie comics?