Welcome to the forum, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: YACReader on Ultrabook-Tablet Running Windows 10

YACReader on Ultrabook-Tablet Running Windows 10 8 years 6 months ago #1848

bzodonnell

Fresh Boarder

Hello!

I have an Asus Transformerbook T200TA running Windows 10. I recently installed YACReader and YACReaderLibrary, and really like the interface and appearance. However, I would like to set it up so that, in addition to being able to go from page to page by pressing keys on the keyboard, that I will be able to swipe or tap on the screen to advance the page. It doesn't need to be perfect - just good enough so that when I detach the tablet from the keyboard, I can orient the device vertically and still go from page to page.

I tried going into the Settings menu in YACReaderLibrary, but could not find anything corresponding to a click or touch. Preferably, I'd love to be able to go forward or back by pressing the screen.

Is this possible in the current version of YACReader?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YACReader on Ultrabook-Tablet Running Windows 10 8 years 6 months ago #1849

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Hi, welcome to the forum.

By now there is no touch support. I want to add a touch front end to YACReader for Windows, but I am not sure when I am going to have time for it.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: bzodonnell

YACReader on Ultrabook-Tablet Running Windows 10 8 years 6 months ago #1854

bzodonnell

Fresh Boarder

Cool! Thanks for the quick response! Looking forward to the feature when it's implemented.

YACReader on Ultrabook-Tablet Running Windows 10 8 years 6 months ago #1858

gonzaxpain

Fresh Boarder

Well, I was actually going to start a topic like this requesting this feature but somebody already did.
I like to read comics on my Surface pro and nothing can beat YAC Reader when it comes to presentation and interface so having touch support would be awesome. I still use YAC whenever I want to take a look at my library or choose a new comic to read but it is a shame I can't go and read them with it too.
Así que Luis, cuando tengas tiempo, sería genial!
Thanks a lot anyway for your software, I love it

YACReader on Ultrabook-Tablet Running Windows 10 8 years 6 months ago #1859

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

gonzaxpain, wellcome to the forum.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

YACReader on Ultrabook-Tablet Running Windows 10 8 years 5 months ago #1875

FlYM

Fresh Boarder

Hi Luis Angel, thanks for your work.

I also registered to ask if this were possible. Only with a mouse click would be enough.

Thanks again (gracias!!!)

YACReader on Ultrabook-Tablet Running Windows 10 8 years 5 months ago #1876

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Well, a simple mouse click would be easier to implement than touch gestures. Could you explain how you'd imagine this feature a little more detailed? Because right now, mouse clicks are used to move the pages in the window …
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

YACReader on Ultrabook-Tablet Running Windows 10 8 years 5 months ago #1877

FlYM

Fresh Boarder

selmf wrote:
Well, a simple mouse click would be easier to implement than touch gestures. Could you explain how you'd imagine this feature a little more detailed? Because right now, mouse clicks are used to move the pages in the window …

Would it be easier to implement that if you were in full-screen and :

- You clicked in a specific corner (top-left and top-right, for instance) you went forwards and backwards? The rest of the screen can still be used to move the page.

Or

- Measuring the time of the click. One short click means go forward, three short clicks means go backward.

The one that would be faster to program!

Well just my two cents :)

YACReader on Ultrabook-Tablet Running Windows 10 8 years 5 months ago #1878

gonzaxpain

Fresh Boarder

In my opinion touch support and the option to click the screen are two totally different things, both valid, of course, but my request for touch support is obviously meant to be used with tablets. I have a surface tablet and I don't use keyboard or mouse at all (when reading comics, that is) and that is why at the moment I can't use YAC reader for anything but browsing my collections so I think this should be two different requests.

YACReader on Ultrabook-Tablet Running Windows 10 8 years 5 months ago #1879

FlYM

Fresh Boarder

gonzaxpain wrote:
In my opinion touch support and the option to click the screen are two totally different things, both valid, of course, but my request for touch support is obviously meant to be used with tablets. I have a surface tablet and I don't use keyboard or mouse at all (when reading comics, that is) and that is why at the moment I can't use YAC reader for anything but browsing my collections so I think this should be two different requests.

Yes, yes, me too. I use a tablet but a mouse left click is equivalent as a touch in a tablet so...
  • Page: