Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Library keeps shutting down

Library keeps shutting down 8 years 5 months ago #1896

the1captain

Fresh Boarder

On my PC whenever I open YAC reader often times when I try to click on a particular book I get a pop up saying that "YAC reader has stopped working. Windows has detected a problem." It then closes YAC Reader on me. Works fine when Syncing to my phone or Ipad.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Library keeps shutting down 8 years 5 months ago #1897

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Hi the1captain!

I'm not sure if I understand your problem. You have a book that causes YACReaderLibrary to shut down when you try to read it in YACReader by launching from the library? If this is the case and it's always the same book (or books that have something in common) you likely have found a problem in our launching mechanism. To see what exactly is going wrong we need to try to reproduce your problem. Could you provide us with the book for testing? You can send it to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if it isn't something you feel comfortable posting here on the forum.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Library keeps shutting down 8 years 5 months ago #1901

the1captain

Fresh Boarder

Basically when on my laptop I can browse around for a bit. Click on some books. But soon when I click on a book it suddenly freezes up. Screen fades and I get the error message I mentioned before. Don't know if it's is particular books. Just happens after awhile.

Library keeps shutting down 8 years 5 months ago #1903

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Where do you have your comics stored? Windows version? Is this happening with a certain type of files (pdf, cbr, cbz)?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Library keeps shutting down 8 years 5 months ago #1905

the1captain

Fresh Boarder

I have them stored on an external hard drive I plug into my laptop. Yes, I always make sure I didn't accidentally unplug it. Files are usually cbr or cbz.

Library keeps shutting down 8 years 4 months ago #1938

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

I think that it is a problema related to hard drives in idle mode. I have debugged this issue, and I could be in the Qt side, I mean, is not the YACReader's source code which is crashing...

I am trying to find a workaround for this. Sorry for the inconveniences.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\