Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for Windows users.

"Reading" not retaining

  • capGrundy
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
10 years 4 months ago #2428 by capGrundy
"Reading" not retaining was created by capGrundy
I've noticed this on and off, and again just today: Files in my "Reading" bin disappear over time. In the case today, one I was just reading yesterday was gone. It was still marked as being read in the comic folder, so the database knows it's being read.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #2433 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic "Reading" not retaining
Where do you have your comics located? In a NAS maybe?

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • capGrundy
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
10 years 4 months ago #2436 by capGrundy
Replied by capGrundy on topic "Reading" not retaining
They are on a different drive, but on the local system. Like I said, they are still marked as read then I look them up in the library, so they only get lost in the Reading folder.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • capGrundy
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
10 years 4 months ago #2439 by capGrundy
Replied by capGrundy on topic "Reading" not retaining
One theory I had is that just opening to the cover is not enough to keep it on Reading. I'm going to try an experiment by opening 12 titles, and see what happens to them over the week. Attached is an image of the 12. I'm only reading the two Spiderman titles actively, the rest are ones I opened randomly, and won't touch. As a control, the Irredeemable and Incorruptible were only opened to the first page, and the rest I went a few pages in.

I have YAC installed on C:, and all my comics are F:, a standard SATA drive.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 4 months ago #2443 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic "Reading" not retaining
Yes, the "Reading" list only selects comics that have been opened, they are not finished, and the reading is progress (current page > first page).

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!