Welcome to the forum, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: 'Loading Please Wait' error

'Loading Please Wait' error 7 years 10 months ago #2461

Mizoguchi

Fresh Boarder

Hi, YACreader was working great for me, but now I'm having trouble with the reader. Instead it just gets stuck on the 'Loading...Please Wait' screen. Sometimes it loads after a very long wait, but it often takes a full minute or more. This is the same whether you access comics through the Library (which loads fine) or through individual files.

Everything was loading instantly yesterday, so I'm not sure what has changed? I've tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the reader. I've also tried opening comics with other readers and they're working instantly, so it definitely seems to be an issue with YACreader.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

'Loading Please Wait' error 7 years 10 months ago #2463

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

What comics format are you using?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

'Loading Please Wait' error 7 years 8 months ago #2473

jquer17

Fresh Boarder

Hi, I have the same problem! The YACReader works just fine until few days ago when every time that I try to open a comic gets freeze with the "Loading please wait" screen.

I've used all formats (cbz and cbr) and different sizes of files and I get the same error.

'Loading Please Wait' error 7 years 8 months ago #2476

Luis Ángel

Administrator

This seems to be a bug related to YACReader settings.

Please, go to C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Local\YACReader, create a back up of the folders there and send them to me. Then, delete YACReader folder and try again (be sure you close YACReader and YACReaderLibrary before doing all this). If the problem persists delete YACReaderLibrary folder too.
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

'Loading Please Wait' error 7 years 7 months ago #2504

wunwun

Fresh Boarder

Hi, just wanted to chime-in - had this problem -- opening a comic produces the 'Loading, please wait' error, however hitting F to exit/enter fullscreen fixes the issue.

Its reproducing consistently for me.

Thanks for all your hard work!

'Loading Please Wait' error 7 years 7 months ago #2507

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Fullscreen seems to be related, but open YACReader in fullscreen mode from YACReaderLibrary is not enough for reproducing the issue, at least with my hardware.

'Loading Please Wait' error 7 years 6 months ago #2559

grizzly

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 2

I have the same problem and have had it since i installed win10 around 9-10 months ago.
And it is that if i open anything in the reader in fullscreen from the start it takes forever to load the first page and every page after that takes long too but in a very,very random way some goes almost as fast as if it is working as it should and some takes 10+min.

And i have a intel 4970k clocked at 4,7ghz (have tried org clock but it is the same) so it is not a slow system.

By open anything i mean ANYTHING zip/rar/cbz/cbr/pdf/single jpg files/jpegs in a folder and open from explorer or the library.

If i open the same stuff (meaning anything) in non fullscreen it goes fast and works as it should but since i read at fullscreen and close the reader in fullscreen then the reader opens in fullscreen next time.
So i have used the "F" key two times since i found out that worked a couple of weeks after installing.

So when i load a comic and get the "loading content" that would take at least 30sec (often more) to load the first page and all after are slow to load double tap "F" fix that and all pages loads fast.

Today i got tired of doing that so came here but found no answer for this problem but thought why not dig around the ini files and i did found a solution.
The solution is to change USE_OPEN_GL=2 to USE_OPEN_GL=0 (tried 1 but did not work), and why is it 2 instead of 1?
Now it loads fast in fullscreen without ffffffffffffiing all the bloddy time :)

One more thing i did try yacreader on my htpc that has a amd gpu and an intel nuc that has intel gpu (and my main rig with a nvidia card) it was all the same on all three as in slow loading if started too fullscreen.
Have not tried disabeling open gl on the other two though.
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by grizzly. Reason: Added some more info
The following user(s) said Thank You: selmf

'Loading Please Wait' error 7 years 6 months ago #2560

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

The OpenGL code in YACReader needs at least OpenGL version 2, that's the reason for this setting. Setting USE_OPEN_GL=0 disables hardware acceleration.

Could you re-enable the hardware acceleration and rerun your test with the newest intel graphics drivers installed?
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

'Loading Please Wait' error 7 years 6 months ago #2561

grizzly

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 2

Retested on my intel NUC and i had the latest intel drivers on it but intel have released drivers since my last test.

I did notice one difference between my NUC and my main NVIDIA rig.
That is if i open comics from the yaclibrary the first page loads immediately (which does not happen on NVIDIA) but then all other pages takes ages too load (just as NVIDIA does).
If i then disable opengl in YACReaderLibrary.ini on the NUC (but still have opengl on in YACReader.ini) all pages load slow (changing opengl in library.ini on nvidia does not change anything).

And if i open comics from explorer both intel and nvidia loads the first page and all others slooooow.

If i disable opengl in reader.ini then all pages loads fast on both intel/nvidia.

I zipped up my yacreader appdata folders from both intel/nvidia.
Attachments:

'Loading Please Wait' error 7 years 6 months ago #2567

Luis Ángel

Administrator

I use a nvidia card too.

Are you opening PDF files or cbz/cbr?

Thanks for the detailed description of your issue and all the testing.
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Luis Ángel.
  • Page: