- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
.deb package available for 7.2.0
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
12 years 5 days ago - 12 years 5 days ago #769
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
.deb package available for 7.2.0 was created by Luis Ángel
Hi,
Felix, with the help of Alexander and Yoann, has been working hard for getting the .deb (Amd64) package for debian based distros. You can find the latest version here . And you can follow the packaging process here
Please, help us to test the package and let us know if you find any issues or bugs.
Felix, with the help of Alexander and Yoann, has been working hard for getting the .deb (Amd64) package for debian based distros. You can find the latest version here . And you can follow the packaging process here
Please, help us to test the package and let us know if you find any issues or bugs.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 12 years 5 days ago by Luis Ángel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: lobo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- lobo
-
- Offline
- New Member
-
12 years 5 days ago #770
by lobo
Replied by lobo on topic .deb package available for 7.2.0
Hi all,
Congratulations for the new package!!. I was waiting for it!!
I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 and I'm trying to install this package, but I have a dependency problem: libpoppler-qt5-1 (>=0.24.5). I think my problem is because I missed some repo for that library.
Some idea how to fix this?.
Thanks!
Congratulations for the new package!!. I was waiting for it!!
I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 and I'm trying to install this package, but I have a dependency problem: libpoppler-qt5-1 (>=0.24.5). I think my problem is because I missed some repo for that library.
Some idea how to fix this?.
Thanks!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
12 years 5 days ago #775
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic .deb package available for 7.2.0
Hi lobo!
I'm sorry, Ubuntu 12.04 is just too old. It's missing more packages than just libpoppler-qt5-1. Your best option is to upgrade to Ubuntu 14.04 or newer, which has everything that is needed.
Another option would be to do a backport with qt4 instead of qt5. For that you'll have to replace the qt5 related dependencies in the source package with their qt4 brothers and compile the package. If you'd like to have a go at that I can walk you trough the process.
Regards,
Felix
I'm sorry, Ubuntu 12.04 is just too old. It's missing more packages than just libpoppler-qt5-1. Your best option is to upgrade to Ubuntu 14.04 or newer, which has everything that is needed.
Another option would be to do a backport with qt4 instead of qt5. For that you'll have to replace the qt5 related dependencies in the source package with their qt4 brothers and compile the package. If you'd like to have a go at that I can walk you trough the process.
Regards,
Felix
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
12 years 4 days ago #778
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic .deb package available for 7.2.0
Actually, you don't necessarily have to compile it yourself, I should be able to tweak my build environment sufficiently to support different versions of Ubuntu and Debian.
Give me a few days to make the necessary adjustments for a qt4 version of the package and run some tests!
No promises though
Give me a few days to make the necessary adjustments for a qt4 version of the package and run some tests!
No promises though
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- lobo
-
- Offline
- New Member
-
12 years 3 days ago #780
by lobo
Replied by lobo on topic .deb package available for 7.2.0
Hi Felix,
Ubuntu 12.04 too old? come on man, it is LTS, it is still supported by Ubuntu
www.ubuntu.com/download/alternative-downloads
Thanks, I really apreciate you job, I'll be tunned.
Cheers,
Lobo
Ubuntu 12.04 too old? come on man, it is LTS, it is still supported by Ubuntu
Thanks, I really apreciate you job, I'll be tunned.
Cheers,
Lobo
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
12 years 3 days ago #781
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic .deb package available for 7.2.0
LTS?? Boooooooo! The only good version is the latest one!
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
12 years 3 days ago #782
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic .deb package available for 7.2.0
32 bit package and qt4 package for older distributions added. Attention! Limited support only for the qt4 version!
32 and 64 bit qt5 packages are built on Ubuntu 14.04 and should work on Debian testing or newer. Qt4 packages are built on Ubuntu 12.04 and should also work on Debian stable.
32 and 64 bit qt5 packages are built on Ubuntu 14.04 and should work on Debian testing or newer. Qt4 packages are built on Ubuntu 12.04 and should also work on Debian stable.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
11 years 5 months ago #1300
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic .deb package available for 7.2.0
Current packages for 7.2 are available as repositories and with additional build flavors now, for details see:
software.opensuse.org/download.html?proj...mf&package=yacreader
software.opensuse.org/download.html?proj...mf&package=yacreader
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel