- Posts: 1
- Thank you received: 1
Welcome to the YACReader forum!
Tell us and our members who you are, where are you from, what you like, etc.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
Tell us and our members who you are, where are you from, what you like, etc.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
Greetings from France
- Grendizr
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
2 weeks 5 days ago #10275
by Grendizr
Greetings from France was created by Grendizr
Hi,
Father of 3 living in Franc and getting pretty (dangerously) close to its 50's. I am a Comics addict since I was 8 or so.
I am also a software engineer (mainly .Net) and while looking for a solution to organize and read my digitalized collection.
Using Windows, I gave a try to the Cover App. but the monthly fee is IMO quite too much. I could have paid for a reasonable one-off but, organizing a big library and then lost it all in case you stop the monthly subscription was a show stopper. I was seriously thinking of building one myself then I discovered YAC
Cherry on the cake the library is now installed on my NAS and even my kids can benefit from it. I am quite glad.
I am not used to the reader experience yet and will have to practice it a bit.
I like European and US comics but specially the ones with good designs. I also own quite a lot of paper version, I like the feeling of it ... but man this is taking too much space and also while getting older, having the option to display it in big mode on the screen is not that bad (sadly
)
See you around I guess
Father of 3 living in Franc and getting pretty (dangerously) close to its 50's. I am a Comics addict since I was 8 or so.
I am also a software engineer (mainly .Net) and while looking for a solution to organize and read my digitalized collection.
Using Windows, I gave a try to the Cover App. but the monthly fee is IMO quite too much. I could have paid for a reasonable one-off but, organizing a big library and then lost it all in case you stop the monthly subscription was a show stopper. I was seriously thinking of building one myself then I discovered YAC
Cherry on the cake the library is now installed on my NAS and even my kids can benefit from it. I am quite glad.
I am not used to the reader experience yet and will have to practice it a bit.
I like European and US comics but specially the ones with good designs. I also own quite a lot of paper version, I like the feeling of it ... but man this is taking too much space and also while getting older, having the option to display it in big mode on the screen is not that bad (sadly
See you around I guess
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 weeks 2 days ago #10278
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Greetings from France
Welcome!!
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel