- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 5
Welcome to the YACReader forum!
Tell us and our members who you are, where are you from, what you like, etc.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
Tell us and our members who you are, where are you from, what you like, etc.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!
Hello from Japan. May i send pull request?
- dcato
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
9 years 11 months ago #2580
by dcato
Hello from Japan. May i send pull request? was created by dcato
Hello there.
I was looking for a comic reader which runs on MacOS and is opensource.
I've found YACReader and it has good performance and great appearance, so I
am enjoying with YACReader.
Because I am programmer, I am using slightly modified and self-compiled version
of YACReader for may convenience.
Some of my added features may be useful for other people, so I'd like to publish my
modification.
May I send pull request or patch to you?
Currently added functions.
-for all platforms
- Right-to-left goto-flow when manga mode
- Horizontal aware auto scroll
- Don't show goto-flow while dragging. Just 9 letters addition
-for MacOS
- Drag and drop onto dock icon support.
- Menubar for mac
- Make main window active and top when open files
My mercurial repository of YACReader is below, so take a look if you wish.
bitbucket.org/daisuke_cato/yacreader
Thank you.
I was looking for a comic reader which runs on MacOS and is opensource.
I've found YACReader and it has good performance and great appearance, so I
am enjoying with YACReader.
Because I am programmer, I am using slightly modified and self-compiled version
of YACReader for may convenience.
Some of my added features may be useful for other people, so I'd like to publish my
modification.
May I send pull request or patch to you?
Currently added functions.
-for all platforms
- Right-to-left goto-flow when manga mode
- Horizontal aware auto scroll
- Don't show goto-flow while dragging. Just 9 letters addition
-for MacOS
- Drag and drop onto dock icon support.
- Menubar for mac
- Make main window active and top when open files
My mercurial repository of YACReader is below, so take a look if you wish.
bitbucket.org/daisuke_cato/yacreader
Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: selmf
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
9 years 11 months ago #2585
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Hello from Japan. May i send pull request?
Hi dcato,
welcome to the forum. Luis, the main developper, is a bit busy these days so it might take him a little to respond. Please note also that he is a very thorough checker of third party code contributions, so processing your pull request might take some time. Regarding the actual pull request there's no need to ask for permission, you can just do a request on Bitbucket. However, from my first glances at the code I think it might be a good idea to split your pull request into three seperate patchsets/pull requests:
1) MacOS platform fixes and improvements (Luis might want to use this to do a maintenance release for Sierra)
2) goto-flow related stuff
3) horizontal aware auto scrolling
Still, Luis might prefer a different approach or might want some modifications, so it's best to wait for his answer
By the way, as a fellow programmer and contributor to YACReader it makes me very happy to see that other people like the app so much that they want to contribute code to it. This is especially true for the manga-mode as this was one of my first contributions and it is great to actually see someone from the motherland of manga using it.
I hope that you will stick around after your pull request is processed - it would be great to have another person contributing code and helpoing with testing on MacOS from time to time.
Best regards,
selmg
welcome to the forum. Luis, the main developper, is a bit busy these days so it might take him a little to respond. Please note also that he is a very thorough checker of third party code contributions, so processing your pull request might take some time. Regarding the actual pull request there's no need to ask for permission, you can just do a request on Bitbucket. However, from my first glances at the code I think it might be a good idea to split your pull request into three seperate patchsets/pull requests:
1) MacOS platform fixes and improvements (Luis might want to use this to do a maintenance release for Sierra)
2) goto-flow related stuff
3) horizontal aware auto scrolling
Still, Luis might prefer a different approach or might want some modifications, so it's best to wait for his answer
By the way, as a fellow programmer and contributor to YACReader it makes me very happy to see that other people like the app so much that they want to contribute code to it. This is especially true for the manga-mode as this was one of my first contributions and it is great to actually see someone from the motherland of manga using it.
I hope that you will stick around after your pull request is processed - it would be great to have another person contributing code and helpoing with testing on MacOS from time to time.
Best regards,
selmg
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dcato
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 5
9 years 11 months ago #2586
by dcato
Replied by dcato on topic Hello from Japan. May i send pull request?
Hi selmf,
Thank you for your permission, and thank you again for your great product, YACReader.
As you said, pull requests should be relatively small and I think it must be well explained.
I'll send you pull requests separately about each features or problems.
Bitbucket seems great, so I think we can utilize it.
Best regards,
Thank you for your permission, and thank you again for your great product, YACReader.
As you said, pull requests should be relatively small and I think it must be well explained.
I'll send you pull requests separately about each features or problems.
Bitbucket seems great, so I think we can utilize it.
Best regards,
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
9 years 11 months ago #2587
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Hello from Japan. May i send pull request?
Hi dcato,
sorry for the late response. I will review your PRs as soon as possible.
So far, selmf is the only contributor (as developer) to the project, so your help is really welcome. Thanks!
Hopefuly you will become an active developer for the project, all I can offer is gratitude and your name in the credits.
sorry for the late response. I will review your PRs as soon as possible.
So far, selmf is the only contributor (as developer) to the project, so your help is really welcome. Thanks!
Hopefuly you will become an active developer for the project, all I can offer is gratitude and your name in the credits.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dcato
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 5
9 years 11 months ago #2588
by dcato
Replied by dcato on topic Hello from Japan. May i send pull request?
Hi Luis,
Thank you for your reply and thank you for your YACReader.
I just sent 5 pull requests to your bitbucket repository.
Please merge them if you consider the PRs are appropriate.
Best Regards,
Thank you for your reply and thank you for your YACReader.
I just sent 5 pull requests to your bitbucket repository.
Please merge them if you consider the PRs are appropriate.
Best Regards,
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel, selmf
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
9 years 11 months ago #2607
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Hello from Japan. May i send pull request?
Hi Daisuke,
congrats on the merged pull requests! You're now an official contributor to YACReader
It's great to have another coder on the team. Since you are a Mac user, would you be interested in helping me with a task? I'm currently doing some refactoring work that is touching one of the few Mac specific areas of YACReader's codebase and I need to make sure I don't break things. There's also optimization potential in the Mac specific code that I can see but I can't make use of since I lack a testing platform, so your help would be greatly appreciated.
Best Regards,
selmf
congrats on the merged pull requests! You're now an official contributor to YACReader
Best Regards,
selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel