Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Unable to install Android version for Win 11

Unable to install Android version for Win 11 1 month 2 weeks ago #8722

Phedre

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

Hello everyone. I'm new to using YACReader and so far, I love the interface and how easy it is to use. However, I'm having some issues. I currently have the regular latest download for Windows (desktop version) installed which is working fine.

My ultimate goal is to be able to use the touchscreen on my laptop when reading comics.

I tried to install YACreader for Android on Windows 11 via the amazon app store, however, the amazon app store is no longer supported by Windows 11 and there's no way to "browse" to be able to install YAC reader. If I go to the amazon app store via an internet browser (i.e. Firefox), it also says that it can only deliver the app to specific android devices, none of which is my windows 11 laptop. Google Play store won't install it either because of the same reason. So my question is, am I doing something wrong? Is there a way I'm supposed to be using the windows subsystem for android in order to purchase and then download and install the android version for windows? Thanks for the help!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Unable to install Android version for Win 11 1 month 2 weeks ago #8727

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 582

Sadly it’s because Microsoft is shutting down the whole Android support, I think it will work until 2025 but that’s for people that already have the store or the app installed, if that’s your only use for the app you may want to ask for a refund to Amazon. :(

I am so sorry but it’s something completely out of my hands.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: Phedre

Unable to install Android version for Win 11 1 month 2 weeks ago #8729

Phedre

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

Thanks for the additional info. The good thing is, neither amazon app store nor the google play store charged me for the YACReader app since it showed that my windows 11 laptop was not a compatible device for the app I wanted to purchase and install. So, no money lost. I think this means the hubby bugging me to get a mini ipad might be a reason to get one so I can use the IOS version of your app. For now, I'll make do. Your app is still the best UI I have used out of all the comic readers out there. Thanks for all you hard work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel