- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
Yacreader in Qnap Virtualization Station
- Yag
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
11 years 3 weeks ago - 11 years 3 weeks ago #1800
by Yag
Yacreader in Qnap Virtualization Station was created by Yag
Hi ,
I'm using yacreader for years now and its my favourite and only Comic Book Reader.
I Want to store my Library on an Qnap nas with its Build in Virtualization App to have a VM of e.g. Windows 7 and install yacreader for Windows in it. Ist there a Chance that the connect with iPad will be successfull?
I get my nas in a few days and i will try this Option. But would be Nice, if someone Could confirm theoretically or Better practically.
Update: no Support for directx and OpenGL in Virtualization Environment. It wouldnt matter, because i just Want the yacreaderlibrary to Start and Then Act als a Server.
Will it Start, Even if OpenGL and directx arent present?
Update: checked missing OpenGL and directx in a Windows 7 Safe Mode Environment on my Notebook. Yacreaderlibrary successfully Starts and connect from iPad is working
so i assume no Problem in the VM Environment either.
Here a Link with Info about Qnap Virtualization
www.qnap.com/i/en/trade_teach/con_show.php?op=showone&cid=103#D
Regards
Yag
I'm using yacreader for years now and its my favourite and only Comic Book Reader.
I Want to store my Library on an Qnap nas with its Build in Virtualization App to have a VM of e.g. Windows 7 and install yacreader for Windows in it. Ist there a Chance that the connect with iPad will be successfull?
I get my nas in a few days and i will try this Option. But would be Nice, if someone Could confirm theoretically or Better practically.
Update: no Support for directx and OpenGL in Virtualization Environment. It wouldnt matter, because i just Want the yacreaderlibrary to Start and Then Act als a Server.
Will it Start, Even if OpenGL and directx arent present?
Update: checked missing OpenGL and directx in a Windows 7 Safe Mode Environment on my Notebook. Yacreaderlibrary successfully Starts and connect from iPad is working
Here a Link with Info about Qnap Virtualization
www.qnap.com/i/en/trade_teach/con_show.php?op=showone&cid=103#D
Regards
Yag
Last edit: 11 years 3 weeks ago by Yag.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 3 weeks ago #1804
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Yacreader in Qnap Virtualization Station
Welcome to the forum Yag.
Yes, it should work fine. Let me know if you find any issues with your setup.
Yes, it should work fine. Let me know if you find any issues with your setup.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Yag
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
11 years 2 weeks ago #1814
by Yag
Replied by Yag on topic Yacreader in Qnap Virtualization Station
Hi,
I have another question regarding the possibilty of running YacreaderLibrary under Linux virtualization.
Please read on page 30 of the following broschure the topic "Comprehensive Virtualization Technology".
files.qnap.com/news/pressresource/datash..._0814-2_high_web.pdf
The QNap has the ability to run so called virtualization technologies 'Docker' and 'LXC'.
Can YacreaderLibrary be run in such environments? If so, what will my first steps into these technologies be? Just starting with it.
Is the Linux version of YacReaderLibrary stable und full usable? If so, I'll do a Linus VM anyway. Either in VM or in a Docker/LXC container ( if possible).
What would you suggest?
Regards
Yag
I just got my NAS delivered to me this weekend and it's the first time I got a NAS anyway. I'll still explore its possibilites and I#m eager to see YacReader on it
I have another question regarding the possibilty of running YacreaderLibrary under Linux virtualization.
Please read on page 30 of the following broschure the topic "Comprehensive Virtualization Technology".
files.qnap.com/news/pressresource/datash..._0814-2_high_web.pdf
The QNap has the ability to run so called virtualization technologies 'Docker' and 'LXC'.
Can YacreaderLibrary be run in such environments? If so, what will my first steps into these technologies be? Just starting with it.
Is the Linux version of YacReaderLibrary stable und full usable? If so, I'll do a Linus VM anyway. Either in VM or in a Docker/LXC container ( if possible).
What would you suggest?
Regards
Yag
I just got my NAS delivered to me this weekend and it's the first time I got a NAS anyway. I'll still explore its possibilites and I#m eager to see YacReader on it
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- y0ta
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
10 years 4 months ago #2451
by y0ta
Replied by y0ta on topic Yacreader in Qnap Virtualization Station
Hi Yag,
I would like to know if by any chance you success in your process of installing YAC for your qnap ?? I'm in the same process of storing my comics in my qnap and have access with my ipad.. way much more convenient than keeping my laptop switch on.
I'm using an other app right now, comic glass, which is great... but If I can have the library managed as YAC proposed... maybe will be even better.
Thx a lot
y0ta
I would like to know if by any chance you success in your process of installing YAC for your qnap ?? I'm in the same process of storing my comics in my qnap and have access with my ipad.. way much more convenient than keeping my laptop switch on.
I'm using an other app right now, comic glass, which is great... but If I can have the library managed as YAC proposed... maybe will be even better.
Thx a lot
y0ta
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
10 years 4 months ago #2454
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Yacreader in Qnap Virtualization Station
An alternative to this is to use YACReaderLibraryServer in a device like a Raspberry Pi. It is cheap and you can have it on 24/7. You can mount your NAS in the Raspberry Pi and have your comics available for YACReader.
Obviously the best approach would be to have a package for QNAP...I want to give a shot to Docker too.
Obviously the best approach would be to have a package for QNAP...I want to give a shot to Docker too.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- y0ta
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
10 years 4 months ago #2462
by y0ta
Replied by y0ta on topic Yacreader in Qnap Virtualization Station
thx for your reply,
That will be great if you can come with something..! my knowledge on this is close to zero..
I can help with python or a bit of javascript.. but network i'm useless
cheers
That will be great if you can come with something..! my knowledge on this is close to zero..
I can help with python or a bit of javascript.. but network i'm useless
cheers
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- JJ
-
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 7 months ago #3673
by JJ
Replied by JJ on topic Yacreader in Qnap Virtualization Station
Hi - just came across this post. I am looking into installing a qnap system and wondering if you've developed an app for YACReaderLibrary Server on qnap? I would like to have this server on my NAS... Thanks for all your efforts - been using yaclibrary/yacreader for some years now.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
8 years 7 months ago #3674
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Yacreader in Qnap Virtualization Station
JJ I didn't dig into this, I don't have a QNAP system to work with so I hope the community will do some progress on this...
Freenas and Sinology are addressed in these posts:
www.yacreader.com/forum/support-linux/10...as-freebsd-11-1-jail
www.yacreader.com/forum/support-linux/65...-dockerized?start=10
Freenas and Sinology are addressed in these posts:
www.yacreader.com/forum/support-linux/10...as-freebsd-11-1-jail
www.yacreader.com/forum/support-linux/65...-dockerized?start=10
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
8 years 7 months ago #3676
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Yacreader in Qnap Virtualization Station
No, we don't have an app for that
But it should be possible to run it in a VM if your QNAP supports it.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- JJ
-
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 4
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 6 months ago #3823
by JJ
Replied by JJ on topic Yacreader in Qnap Virtualization Station
Thanks for all the links and details. I've installed a VM of windows 7 on my qnap using qnap's virtualization station. I've got the yacreader library server running and it works great on my local network via wifi... but I wonder if anybody can help me configure the network settings to access remotely...
The VM nature of the operating system is alluding my sensibilities...
The VM nature of the operating system is alluding my sensibilities...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel