- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch users.
Yacreader in Qnap Virtualization Station
- DonV3rG4s
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
1 year 3 months ago #9542
by DonV3rG4s
Replied by DonV3rG4s on topic Yacreader in Qnap Virtualization Station
Hi Team,
I spent the best parf of the weekend trying to get the Docker version to run on the Qnap NAS app Container Station
I've managed to pull the image run the container and get to the Web interface, however I am struggling to add a local library, my comic collection is sitting on the same NAS on a shared folder but I cannot get the docker to run a volume that traces back to the comics folder, any help will be much appreciated, I've gone through a lot of tutorials and info but still cannot get the Docker container to have any visibility of my collection folder.
Cheers
I spent the best parf of the weekend trying to get the Docker version to run on the Qnap NAS app Container Station
I've managed to pull the image run the container and get to the Web interface, however I am struggling to add a local library, my comic collection is sitting on the same NAS on a shared folder but I cannot get the docker to run a volume that traces back to the comics folder, any help will be much appreciated, I've gone through a lot of tutorials and info but still cannot get the Docker container to have any visibility of my collection folder.
Cheers
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 3 months ago #9544
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Yacreader in Qnap Virtualization Station
Hopefully someone with a QNAP NAS can help you. Also check any QNAP forum/community to see if you find any good Docker tutorial.
The idea is that you need to map the folder to the internal /comics path, and then add a library from the docker container for that /comics path.
The idea is that you need to map the folder to the internal /comics path, and then add a library from the docker container for that /comics path.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- DonV3rG4s
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
1 year 2 months ago #9560
by DonV3rG4s
Replied by DonV3rG4s on topic Yacreader in Qnap Virtualization Station
Hello Luis,
I've eventually managed to set this up on a Linux server running docker, I've got it to work and it is very nice
to have access to the library with a headless Linux server.
However, there are only two details that I would like to bring to your attention
1. The server requires a minimum of 4GB of RAM to be able to open large comic files, anything below that causes the
application to crash while attempting to open the comic. Is this consistent with the app behavior or perhaps there is something that I miss configured
2. While opening and reading comics on an Android device from the docker container library the application does not
seem to be able to keep track of the last page read, I've set both storage volumes on the docker container to read/write
is there anything else that I need to configure or add to the library folder to allow the application to keep track of the
last page read
Overall, I am very satisfied with the app and it is great for people like me with a bunch of comics sitting on local storage, I've setup a VPN connection to access the library remotely and it works prefectly
Cheers
I've eventually managed to set this up on a Linux server running docker, I've got it to work and it is very nice
to have access to the library with a headless Linux server.
However, there are only two details that I would like to bring to your attention
1. The server requires a minimum of 4GB of RAM to be able to open large comic files, anything below that causes the
application to crash while attempting to open the comic. Is this consistent with the app behavior or perhaps there is something that I miss configured
2. While opening and reading comics on an Android device from the docker container library the application does not
seem to be able to keep track of the last page read, I've set both storage volumes on the docker container to read/write
is there anything else that I need to configure or add to the library folder to allow the application to keep track of the
last page read
Overall, I am very satisfied with the app and it is great for people like me with a bunch of comics sitting on local storage, I've setup a VPN connection to access the library remotely and it works prefectly
Cheers
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 2 months ago #9567
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Yacreader in Qnap Virtualization Station
YACReader for desktops loads the full comic on RAM, which is ok for most comics, but if you have something massive it could hit some limits, 4GB of RAM should be plenty.
If it can’t keep the progress updated it’s because it probably can’t write changes to disk, it could be a permissions problem between the user in the docker container and the host, check what PUID PGID values you should be using.
If it can’t keep the progress updated it’s because it probably can’t write changes to disk, it could be a permissions problem between the user in the docker container and the host, check what PUID PGID values you should be using.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- DonV3rG4s
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
1 year 2 months ago #9572
by DonV3rG4s
Replied by DonV3rG4s on topic Yacreader in Qnap Virtualization Station
Hi Luis,
Thank you for your time, I did some testing, and I am confident that I am able to write into the storage from the
container
This container volumes have been setup using CIFS(SMB) and the user account has full access to the storage
I need to mention I am using the same library for the Docker container and a couple of Windows computers I have at home
for the Windows machines it works without a problem as they run their own server instance, for the docker container I cannot follow up on the last page I read, it keeps reverting to the last page I read while using the Windows app
With the /config folder in the container is it right to point it to this folder /.yacreaderlibrary ?
This might be the only bit that I am not sure about, is it any better with NFS shares?
Please let me know
Thank you for your time, I did some testing, and I am confident that I am able to write into the storage from the
container
This container volumes have been setup using CIFS(SMB) and the user account has full access to the storage
I need to mention I am using the same library for the Docker container and a couple of Windows computers I have at home
for the Windows machines it works without a problem as they run their own server instance, for the docker container I cannot follow up on the last page I read, it keeps reverting to the last page I read while using the Windows app
With the /config folder in the container is it right to point it to this folder /.yacreaderlibrary ?
This might be the only bit that I am not sure about, is it any better with NFS shares?
Please let me know
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 2 months ago #9573
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Yacreader in Qnap Virtualization Station
SMB is the problem, the sqlite3 database can’t create a lock file for writing, you need to mount it with the -nobrl flag.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel