- Posts: 17
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Linux users.
Ubuntu MATE 17.10 .deb i386 trouble
- LobsterJ
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
8 years 8 months ago #3613
by LobsterJ
Replied by LobsterJ on topic Ubuntu MATE 17.10 .deb i386 trouble
Hello! I stealth installed Yacreader 9.0 on my Ubuntu Mate 17.10 i386 with the proper dependency development debian file, and holy cow - it works
I mean, I shouldn't be surprised at all
Sadly the only thing NOT working is the funky little word balloon logo. It shows up as a circle with line through it, akin to the no smoking symbol. Stlll love it, though! Thanks from Canada
Jason
Sadly the only thing NOT working is the funky little word balloon logo. It shows up as a circle with line through it, akin to the no smoking symbol. Stlll love it, though! Thanks from Canada
Jason
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
8 years 8 months ago #3615
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Ubuntu MATE 17.10 .deb i386 trouble
We changed the icons somewhere between beta and rc1. The new icons are .svg files, which might be the reason why you're not seeing them. Is libqt5svg5 installed on your system?
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- LobsterJ
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 17
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 8 months ago #3621
by LobsterJ
Replied by LobsterJ on topic Ubuntu MATE 17.10 .deb i386 trouble
checking ...
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- LobsterJ
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 17
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 8 months ago #3622
by LobsterJ
Replied by LobsterJ on topic Ubuntu MATE 17.10 .deb i386 trouble
Selmf, yes, libqt5svg5 is installed (5.9.1-2). It certainly doesn't stop me from enjoying reading comics on yacreader, just (slightly) sad about the lack of logo.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #3623
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Ubuntu MATE 17.10 .deb i386 trouble
Hmmm you might want to try forcing an icon cache update:
If this works I'll add it to the packages as a postinstall command.
Code:
sudo gtk-update-icon-cache /usr/share/icons/hicolor
If this works I'll add it to the packages as a postinstall command.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by selmf.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
8 years 8 months ago #3624
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Ubuntu MATE 17.10 .deb i386 trouble
Actually the package already should do an icon cache update upon installation. But doing it once more shouldn't hurt.
If it doesn't help please send me a screenshot so I can have a better look at the problem.
If it doesn't help please send me a screenshot so I can have a better look at the problem.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- LobsterJ
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 17
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 8 months ago #3625
by LobsterJ
Replied by LobsterJ on topic Ubuntu MATE 17.10 .deb i386 trouble
solved! I had the beta installed, not the rc. Once I downloaded the newer version and installed it with Gdebi, everything's fine, including the updated logo. Smart looking stuff, everyone
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
8 years 8 months ago #3626
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Ubuntu MATE 17.10 .deb i386 trouble
Ah, that explains it. I should've thought about that
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- LobsterJ
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 17
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 6 months ago #3791
by LobsterJ
Replied by LobsterJ on topic Ubuntu MATE 17.10 .deb i386 trouble
selmf, Jason again. Updated my Ubuntu MATE to 18.04 beta - nice new build! trouble for YACREADER, though...
I have both libunarr 1.0.1-1.1_i386.deb and the dev downloaded and ready to use with my 8.5 and 9.0 debian installers. Sadly the libunarr library wouldn't install! there was a problem with the dpkg
dpkg: (in red)error: (then regular colour)unable to read filedescriptor flags for <package status and progress file description>: Bad file descriptor
Aw maaan! now what? I'd love to keep using YACreader
I have both libunarr 1.0.1-1.1_i386.deb and the dev downloaded and ready to use with my 8.5 and 9.0 debian installers. Sadly the libunarr library wouldn't install! there was a problem with the dpkg
dpkg: (in red)error: (then regular colour)unable to read filedescriptor flags for <package status and progress file description>: Bad file descriptor
Aw maaan! now what? I'd love to keep using YACreader
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
8 years 6 months ago #3792
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Ubuntu MATE 17.10 .deb i386 trouble
I'm not sure, I'm not running a .deb based system myself. When I still used Debian stuff like this sometimes happened with manually installed packages. You had to reinstall the packages or run a special "fix" command to take care of it, but I don't know if that still applies.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel