- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Linux users.
Server will not import comics w special chacters
- sl1me.t1me
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
8 years 7 months ago #3723
by sl1me.t1me
Server will not import comics w special chacters was created by sl1me.t1me
I recently moved my comics to a linux server running OMV (Debian)
I installed via docker (see forum post).
When updating my library it won't recognize albums or folders with german special characters like "äöüß" in it.
On macOS this never was a problem.
Is there any way to change this behavior?
Many thanks, Timm
I installed via docker (see forum post).
When updating my library it won't recognize albums or folders with german special characters like "äöüß" in it.
On macOS this never was a problem.
Is there any way to change this behavior?
Many thanks, Timm
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
8 years 7 months ago #3725
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Server will not import comics w special chacters
Please run "locale" in a terminal and paste the output here.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
8 years 7 months ago #3729
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Server will not import comics w special chacters
I have filed a bug with the provider of the Docker container:
github.com/josetesan/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker/issues/2
github.com/josetesan/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker/issues/2
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- sl1me.t1me
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 7 months ago #3736
by sl1me.t1me
Replied by sl1me.t1me on topic Server will not import comics w special chacters
Thanks for reporting this.
Sorry for replying this late, but I didn't receive a notification on the topic. Have to check my profile, I guess.
I'll try the new container as soon as I can
Sorry for replying this late, but I didn't receive a notification on the topic. Have to check my profile, I guess.
I'll try the new container as soon as I can
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- sl1me.t1me
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 7 months ago #3737
by sl1me.t1me
Replied by sl1me.t1me on topic Server will not import comics w special chacters
Output of locale:
LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=
LC_CTYPE="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=
LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
LANGUAGE=
LC_CTYPE="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
8 years 7 months ago #3738
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Server will not import comics w special chacters
The locale looks fine. I have the same on my machine and no problems with special characters in YACReader. The issue is probably the locale in the container or the older version of YACReaderLibraryServer.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Fabien
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 3 months ago #4083
by Fabien
Replied by Fabien on topic Server will not import comics w special chacters
Hello,
I'm running YWCReaderserver on a QNAP container and currently facing the same issue. Running "locale" in the container terminal give me the following result :
LANG=
LANGUAGE=
LC_CTYPE="POSIX"
LC_NUMERIC="POSIX"
LC_TIME="POSIX"
LC_COLLATE="POSIX"
LC_MONETARY="POSIX"
LC_MESSAGES="POSIX"
LC_PAPER="POSIX"
LC_NAME="POSIX"
LC_ADDRESS="POSIX"
LC_TELEPHONE="POSIX"
LC_MEASUREMENT="POSIX"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="POSIX"
LC_ALL=
I've tried to change it, but I was not successful (my knowledge using containers is too limited for now). Any help to fix it will be higly appreciated.
Regards,
I'm running YWCReaderserver on a QNAP container and currently facing the same issue. Running "locale" in the container terminal give me the following result :
LANG=
LANGUAGE=
LC_CTYPE="POSIX"
LC_NUMERIC="POSIX"
LC_TIME="POSIX"
LC_COLLATE="POSIX"
LC_MONETARY="POSIX"
LC_MESSAGES="POSIX"
LC_PAPER="POSIX"
LC_NAME="POSIX"
LC_ADDRESS="POSIX"
LC_TELEPHONE="POSIX"
LC_MEASUREMENT="POSIX"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="POSIX"
LC_ALL=
I've tried to change it, but I was not successful (my knowledge using containers is too limited for now). Any help to fix it will be higly appreciated.
Regards,
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
8 years 3 months ago #4084
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Server will not import comics w special chacters
I reported this to the author of the docker container, but I don't think he got it working. I'm currently busy preparing the .deb and .rpm packages for YACReader 9.5.0, but once that is done I will have another look at the problem. Maybe we can work something out.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Fabien
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 6
- Thank you received: 0
8 years 3 months ago #4087
by Fabien
Replied by Fabien on topic Server will not import comics w special chacters
Thanks a lot for your very prompt reply ! Looking forward...
I will be further looking on my side too. Should i be able to find a fix, I'll post it here.
Regards,
I will be further looking on my side too. Should i be able to find a fix, I'll post it here.
Regards,
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #4109
by selmf
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Replied by selmf on topic Server will not import comics w special chacters
Here's a workaround:
After this all comics should be available in the library. If this works for you I will get in touch with josetsan/muallin to enable it by default.
Code:
$ docker exec -it yacserver /bin/bash
$ export LC_ALL=C.UTF8
$ YACReaderLibraryServer update-library /comics
$ exit
After this all comics should be available in the library. If this works for you I will get in touch with josetsan/muallin to enable it by default.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by selmf.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel