- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
Help and support for Linux users.
YacReader on Unraid help
- twopossums
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
5 years 4 months ago #5967
by twopossums
YacReader on Unraid help was created by twopossums
Hopefully someone can help because I am woefully lost. I have a server I've built and have Plex, Sonnar, Radarr and a few other things running so I'm not completely stupid. For whatever reason I can't make heads or tails of getting this running. I have the windows client up and running but I'd much rather have it on my server so I could have access to it 24/7 and while not in the house.
I'm installing the server by xthursdayx
After that I'm lost. Could someone walk me through this. I've seen a few other questions like this and wasn't able to get the instructions in them to work for me. It seems most people are using a Synology or RasberryPi and I'm not sure how different they are to Unraid but the pics look much different.
I'm installing the server by xthursdayx
After that I'm lost. Could someone walk me through this. I've seen a few other questions like this and wasn't able to get the instructions in them to work for me. It seems most people are using a Synology or RasberryPi and I'm not sure how different they are to Unraid but the pics look much different.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
5 years 4 months ago #5968
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YacReader on Unraid help
Are you trying to set this up to use with the iOS client?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- twopossums
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
5 years 4 months ago #5975
by twopossums
Replied by twopossums on topic YacReader on Unraid help
I have the iOS reader on my phone and tablet yes. It works perfectly right now if I run the server on my windows pc and import to the reader on my iOS but that’s not always on so I’d prefer to migrate to my unraid server if possible.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
5 years 4 months ago #5976
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YacReader on Unraid help
So I guess you are following this instructions?
hub.docker.com/r/xthursdayx/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker
Where do you get stuck exactly?
Where do you get stuck exactly?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- twopossums
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
5 years 4 months ago #5977
by twopossums
Replied by twopossums on topic YacReader on Unraid help
So I've installed the Docker. It says yacserver started in my docker containers.
I've set my Repository to xthursdayx/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker
Network type to Bridge
Host port to 64988
and host path is /mnt/user/BDz and Comics/
I click the terminal button in the top left
and I enter:
docker run -d \
--name="yacserver" \
-e TZ="America/New_York"
I'm not sure if this is supposed to be all one line or not so I hit enter after each line. After I enter the last line I get this:
"docker run" requires at least 1 argument.
See 'docker run --help'.
Usage: docker run [OPTIONS] IMAGE [COMMAND] [ARG...]
Run a command in a new container
I've set my Repository to xthursdayx/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker
Network type to Bridge
Host port to 64988
and host path is /mnt/user/BDz and Comics/
I click the terminal button in the top left
and I enter:
docker run -d \
--name="yacserver" \
-e TZ="America/New_York"
I'm not sure if this is supposed to be all one line or not so I hit enter after each line. After I enter the last line I get this:
"docker run" requires at least 1 argument.
See 'docker run --help'.
Usage: docker run [OPTIONS] IMAGE [COMMAND] [ARG...]
Run a command in a new container
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
5 years 4 months ago #5979
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YacReader on Unraid help
do you have to add xthursdayx/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker at the end of the docker run command?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- twopossums
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
5 years 4 months ago #5980
by twopossums
Replied by twopossums on topic YacReader on Unraid help
I don't get that far. After I type in -e TZ="America/New_York"
I get a message that says "docker run" requires at least 1 argument.
If I cut and paste the whole thing from the instructions I get this:
root@Watchtower:~# docker run -d \
> --name="yacserver" \
> -e TZ="America/New_York"
"docker run" requires at least 1 argument.
See 'docker run --help'.
Usage: docker run [OPTIONS] IMAGE [COMMAND] [ARG...]
Run a command in a new container
root@Watchtower:~# -v /path/to/comics:/comics:rw \
> -p <port>:8080 \
> xthursdayx/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker
bash: port: No such file or directory
root@Watchtower:~#
I get a message that says "docker run" requires at least 1 argument.
If I cut and paste the whole thing from the instructions I get this:
root@Watchtower:~# docker run -d \
> --name="yacserver" \
> -e TZ="America/New_York"
"docker run" requires at least 1 argument.
See 'docker run --help'.
Usage: docker run [OPTIONS] IMAGE [COMMAND] [ARG...]
Run a command in a new container
root@Watchtower:~# -v /path/to/comics:/comics:rw \
> -p <port>:8080 \
> xthursdayx/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker
bash: port: No such file or directory
root@Watchtower:~#
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- twopossums
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
5 years 4 months ago #5981
by twopossums
Replied by twopossums on topic YacReader on Unraid help
Oh sorry misread your question. I'm not sure if you have to add it. I'm just following the instructions in the link. I'm not familiar with terminal commands. All the other dockers I use have a gui.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
5 years 4 months ago #5982
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YacReader on Unraid help
try it with image name please
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: twopossums
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- twopossums
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
5 years 4 months ago #5984
by twopossums
Replied by twopossums on topic YacReader on Unraid help
I'm not sure what that means. Try with image name. No matter what I try the line:
-e TZ="America/New_York"
Stops and gives me an error message so I took that out. Not sure what problem that will cause. I've tried these permutations.
docker run -d \
--name="yacserver" \
-v /mnt/user0/BDz and Comics/:/comics:rw \
-p <port>:64988 \
xthursdayx/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker
docker run -d \
--name="yacserver" \
-v /mnt/user0/BDz and Comics/:/comics:rw \
-p <port>:64988 \
yacserver
docker run -d \
--name="yacserver" \
-v /mnt/user0/BDz and Comics/:/comics:rw \
-p <port>:64988 \
xthursdayx
They all give me this:
bash: port: No such file or directory
I'm not sure how to define the path to the comics folder. If I go under edit for the docker image it's:
/mnt/user0/BDz and Comics
If I look under Krusader I find it under
/media/BDz and Comics/
I'm not sure what is right but I tried both as the path to comics and got the same error message.
bash: port: No such file or directory
-e TZ="America/New_York"
Stops and gives me an error message so I took that out. Not sure what problem that will cause. I've tried these permutations.
docker run -d \
--name="yacserver" \
-v /mnt/user0/BDz and Comics/:/comics:rw \
-p <port>:64988 \
xthursdayx/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker
docker run -d \
--name="yacserver" \
-v /mnt/user0/BDz and Comics/:/comics:rw \
-p <port>:64988 \
yacserver
docker run -d \
--name="yacserver" \
-v /mnt/user0/BDz and Comics/:/comics:rw \
-p <port>:64988 \
xthursdayx
They all give me this:
bash: port: No such file or directory
I'm not sure how to define the path to the comics folder. If I go under edit for the docker image it's:
/mnt/user0/BDz and Comics
If I look under Krusader I find it under
/media/BDz and Comics/
I'm not sure what is right but I tried both as the path to comics and got the same error message.
bash: port: No such file or directory
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel