- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
Help and support for Linux users.
YacReader on Unraid help
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #5987
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YacReader on Unraid help
use `-p 9999:64998` instead of `-p <port>:64998`
I am no expert in docker so maybe you can consider to contact xthursdayx
Something like this:
The -p 9999:8080 part means that the server will run in the port 8080 in the docker container, but it will be accessible through your host using the 9999 port. In other words you need to use 9999 from the ios app.
This -v /path/to/comics:/comics:rw will mount the path to your comics to the /comics folder in the container, when you run commands in the container to create or add a library, use /comics
You have spaces in your path to your comics, try putting that in quotes if it gives you troubles.
I am no expert in docker so maybe you can consider to contact xthursdayx
Something like this:
Code:
docker run -d --name="yacserver" -e TZ="America/New_York" -v /path/to/comics:/comics:rw -p 9999:8080 xthursdayx/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker
The -p 9999:8080 part means that the server will run in the port 8080 in the docker container, but it will be accessible through your host using the 9999 port. In other words you need to use 9999 from the ios app.
This -v /path/to/comics:/comics:rw will mount the path to your comics to the /comics folder in the container, when you run commands in the container to create or add a library, use /comics
You have spaces in your path to your comics, try putting that in quotes if it gives you troubles.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Luis Ángel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- twopossums
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
5 years 4 months ago #5988
by twopossums
Replied by twopossums on topic YacReader on Unraid help
Hmm. Well at least this gave me a diffent response. I entered
docker run -d --name="yacserver" -e TZ="America/New_York" -v /mnt/user0/"BDz and Comics":/comics:rw -p 9999:8080 xthursdayx/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker
And it spit this out at me.
docker: Error response from daemon: Conflict. The container name "/yacserver" is already in use by container "1435a5140e823d5b6db10a2ce65968dc8117b01bfceee7b5cc16a977501cd59e". You have to remove (or rename) that container to be able to reuse that name.
See 'docker run --help'.
So I'm not really sure where to go from that. Thank you for your help by the way.
docker run -d --name="yacserver" -e TZ="America/New_York" -v /mnt/user0/"BDz and Comics":/comics:rw -p 9999:8080 xthursdayx/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker
And it spit this out at me.
docker: Error response from daemon: Conflict. The container name "/yacserver" is already in use by container "1435a5140e823d5b6db10a2ce65968dc8117b01bfceee7b5cc16a977501cd59e". You have to remove (or rename) that container to be able to reuse that name.
See 'docker run --help'.
So I'm not really sure where to go from that. Thank you for your help by the way.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- twopossums
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
5 years 4 months ago #5989
by twopossums
Replied by twopossums on topic YacReader on Unraid help
Ok I figured out how to remove the other container. was I not supposed to install the docker from the apps store? I had to stop that before I could remove the old container.
I created a new library and now it seems to be doing stuff.
I'm getting a lot of this message
docker exec yacserver YACReaderLibraryServer create-library <library-name> /comics
Not sure what that means yet.
I created a new library and now it seems to be doing stuff.
I'm getting a lot of this message
docker exec yacserver YACReaderLibraryServer create-library <library-name> /comics
Not sure what that means yet.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- twopossums
- Topic Author
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 11
- Thank you received: 0
5 years 4 months ago #5990
by twopossums
Replied by twopossums on topic YacReader on Unraid help
Damnit didn't copy the error message. Haha. Sorry
! _7z.c:200: 7z support requires 7z SDK (define HAVE_7Z
I'm wondering if it doesn't understand CBZ files. Not sure.
! _7z.c:200: 7z support requires 7z SDK (define HAVE_7Z
I'm wondering if it doesn't understand CBZ files. Not sure.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
5 years 4 months ago #6001
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YacReader on Unraid help
If you have 7zip files in your collection you need to compile with 7z support. Not sure if there is a container out there with 7zip support.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- xthursdayx
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 2
- Thank you received: 2
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #6045
by xthursdayx
I'm currently working on bundling the docker image with 7zip, but it is still in the testing phase. That said, I've never run into any problems opening .cbz files. You will see that 7z error when you start the container, but it doesn't affect usability in most cases.
If you have other questions specific to running YACReaderLibraryServer on Unraid, specifically with my docker image, please use the support thread in the Unraid Forums here: forums.unraid.net/topic/110003-support-x...readerlibraryserver/
Replied by xthursdayx on topic YacReader on Unraid help
Hi twopossums this is xthursdayx, the maintainer of the docker image you're using. I also run Unraid and host a docker template for my YACReaderLibraryServer image that can be found in Unraid's Community Apps. Using that template will making installing and managing this container easier than installing it with the a `docker run` command.twopossums wrote: Damnit didn't copy the error message. Haha. Sorry
! _7z.c:200: 7z support requires 7z SDK (define HAVE_7Z
I'm wondering if it doesn't understand CBZ files. Not sure.
I'm currently working on bundling the docker image with 7zip, but it is still in the testing phase. That said, I've never run into any problems opening .cbz files. You will see that 7z error when you start the container, but it doesn't affect usability in most cases.
If you have other questions specific to running YACReaderLibraryServer on Unraid, specifically with my docker image, please use the support thread in the Unraid Forums here: forums.unraid.net/topic/110003-support-x...readerlibraryserver/
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by xthursdayx. Reason: updated forum link
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel