Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized - won't update l 2 years 10 months ago #6023

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

@jefftr66 you're not giving any information, but if this is happening with YACReader 9.8.0 and those are comics with webp or tiff images the issue is missing image format plugins. This can be easily solved by installing the qt5-image-formats-plugins package.

@jcshumpert, it seems like this package is missing in your Docker container.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized - won't update l 2 years 10 months ago #6024

jcshumpert

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 3

selmf wrote:
@jefftr66 you're not giving any information, but if this is happening with YACReader 9.8.0 and those are comics with webp or tiff images the issue is missing image format plugins. This can be easily solved by installing the qt5-image-formats-plugins package.

@jcshumpert, it seems like this package is missing in your Docker container.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. I just updated my fork in Github and Docker is compiling a new build now.

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized - won't update l 2 years 10 months ago #6025

jefftr66

Fresh Boarder

All the comics are in .cbz or .cbr. I can try to update the qt5 pkg like you suggested.

I haven't even tried to use YACReader - this is all on the server. When I run

docker exec yacserver YACReaderLibraryServer update-library /storage/comix

it does not update the library. Comics I added today do not show in the library. (Accessing it via web browser)
Last Edit: 2 years 10 months ago by jefftr66.

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized - won't update l 2 years 10 months ago #6026

selmf

Developer

@jcshumpert:

No problem. Just for the record, this used to sort of work without the package in 9.7.1 because we used a static list of supported image formats back then. With 9.8.0 this list is generated at runtime based on the installed image plugins, which is a better approach but introduces the subtle bug that non-installed image formats are being ignored.

We will likely add some better diagnostics for this in the future.

@jefftr66:

This is about the format of the images inside your comic book archives. A .cbz is a zip and a .cbr is a rar archive with image which can be any format. If the image format is not supported, YACReader 9.8.0 will just ignore the files.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized - won't update l 2 years 10 months ago #6027

jefftr66

Fresh Boarder

I get that - but even the .cbr comics (the vast majority are cbr) are not being added by update-library cmd. It has always worked before and I haven't changed anything.

I'm not clear why this:

docker exec yacserver YACReaderLibraryServer update-library /storage/comix

stopped working

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized - won't update l 2 years 10 months ago #6030

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

@jefftr66 YACReaderLibraryServer looks inside the cbr files and tries to find any supported image file, if it can't do it, it will skip the file as a non comic file. If the qt image formats package is missing in your system it won't be able to find those images.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized - won't update l 2 years 10 months ago #6032

jefftr66

Fresh Boarder

OK, installed qt5 pkg successfully and still not working. When I run the update-library cmd I just get this:

Processing comicsDone!

But usually I get a number of other messages and then Done! with how many comics were updated/added.

I also get this in the logs:

WARN 2021-06-01T17:01:13.785 QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.
(Parent is RequestMapper(0x5628de13b020), parent's thread is QThread(0x5628de13a7e0), current thread is QThread(0x5628de1402b0)

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized - won't update l 2 years 10 months ago #6033

selmf

Developer

This is very likely a permissions problem. Check if the hidden .yacreaderlibrary directory and its contents are writable from the docker container. Common problems to look for are the wrong group, owner and missing write permissions.

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized - won't update l 2 years 10 months ago #6035

jefftr66

Fresh Boarder

I changed ownership - not sure if permissions are OK?

drwxr-xr-x 3 jefe jefe 4 Jun 1 15:41 .yacreaderlibrary

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized - won't update l 2 years 10 months ago #6036

selmf

Developer

In a non-Docker setup this would work. For Docker it is a bit trickier and I am afraid I can't give you a definitive answer what the correct permissions and ownership would be. As far as I understand the process, files created by a process in a Docker container on a volume have the same ownership and group as the user creating them, which by default is root. So the owner and group probably need to be root.

You can check the following stuff:

1. Does the log indicate any errors directly after starting? Something like:
ERROR 2021-06-01T20:39:39.394 "attempt to write a readonly database Unable to fetch row" ?
2. Is .yacreaderlibrary/library.ydb writable?
3. If all fails, backup the .yacreaderlibrary and check if a fresh library works, then compare permissions