Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for Linux users.

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized

More
5 years 4 months ago #6037 by jefftr66
Yeah it was root until I changed it.

These are the entire logs:

INFO 2021-06-01T16:13:45.063 YACReaderLibraryServer attempting to start
INFO 2021-06-01T16:13:45.063
System & configuration
INFO 2021-06-01T16:13:45.063 OS: "Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)" Version: "10"
INFO 2021-06-01T16:13:45.063 Kernel: "linux" "5.8.0-7625-generic" Architecture: "x86_64"
INFO 2021-06-01T16:13:45.063 Libraries: QMap()
INFO 2021-06-01T16:13:45.063
INFO 2021-06-01T16:13:45.063 YACReaderLibrary starting
INFO 2021-06-01T16:13:45.063 Running on port "8080"
WARN 2021-06-01T16:17:27.111 QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.
(Parent is RequestMapper(0x5616dde6e020), parent's thread is QThread(0x5616dde6d7e0), current thread is QThread(0x5616ddea4c20)

A duplicate repeats once and then I get this repeating a few times:

WARN 2021-06-02T07:14:41.233 Template: missing variable {page} in folder
WARN 2021-06-02T07:14:41.233 Template: missing variable {pages} in folder

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #6038 by selmf

jefftr66 wrote: Yeah it was root until I changed it.

These are the entire logs:
...
INFO 2021-06-01T16:13:45.063 Libraries: QMap()
...


This line is suspicious, you should see your library there. Instead there is nothing, which explains the errors further down in the log. Try to add the library and if you are successfull, post the log here so we can continue troubleshooting.

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #6039 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized - won't update l
Yeah, as @selmf said you don't have any library, I think that you lost your server settings after updating it, maybe? So just add the library or libraries again and everything should work as expected.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #6040 by Wolgan

Luis Ángel wrote: Yeah, as @selmf said you don't have any library, I think that you lost your server settings after updating it, maybe? So just add the library or libraries again and everything should work as expected.


Pretty sure this is exactly what happened to jefftr66. I commonly have to do this after a docker update.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #6041 by jefftr66
Deleted everything and reinstalled. Now after creating library nothing shows up.

Full log:

INFO 2021-06-02T16:37:12.217 YACReaderLibraryServer attempting to start
INFO 2021-06-02T16:37:12.217
System & configuration
INFO 2021-06-02T16:37:12.217 OS: "Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)" Version: "10"
INFO 2021-06-02T16:37:12.217 Kernel: "linux" "5.8.0-7625-generic" Architecture: "x86_64"
INFO 2021-06-02T16:37:12.218 Libraries: QMap()
INFO 2021-06-02T16:37:12.218
INFO 2021-06-02T16:37:12.220 YACReaderLibrary starting
INFO 2021-06-02T16:37:12.220 Running on port "8080"
WARN 2021-06-02T16:38:14.325 QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.
(Parent is RequestMapper(0x5621932aa020), parent's thread is QThread(0x5621932a97e0), current thread is QThread(0x5621932e0c20)
INFO 2021-06-02T16:40:35.618 YACReaderLibraryServer attempting to start
INFO 2021-06-02T16:40:35.618
System & configuration
INFO 2021-06-02T16:40:35.618 OS: "Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)" Version: "10"
INFO 2021-06-02T16:40:35.618 Kernel: "linux" "5.8.0-7625-generic" Architecture: "x86_64"
INFO 2021-06-02T16:40:35.618 Libraries: QMap(("Comix", QPair(1,"/storage/comix")))
INFO 2021-06-02T16:40:35.618
INFO 2021-06-02T16:40:35.618 YACReaderLibrary starting
INFO 2021-06-02T16:40:35.619 Running on port "8080"
WARN 2021-06-02T16:43:23.575 QObject: Cannot create children for a parent that is in a different thread.
(Parent is RequestMapper(0x55df5d3df020), parent's thread is QThread(0x55df5d3de7e0), current thread is QThread(0x55df5d3e42b0)
WARN 2021-06-02T16:43:25.184 Template: missing variable {page} in folder
WARN 2021-06-02T16:43:25.184 Template: missing variable {pages} in folder
WARN 2021-06-02T16:43:30.562 Template: missing variable {page} in folder
WARN 2021-06-02T16:43:30.562 Template: missing variable {pages} in folder
WARN 2021-06-02T16:43:33.539 Template: missing variable {page} in folder
WARN 2021-06-02T16:43:33.539 Template: missing variable {pages} in folder
WARN 2021-06-02T16:44:14.635 Template: missing variable {page} in folder
WARN 2021-06-02T16:44:14.635 Template: missing variable {pages} in folder
WARN 2021-06-02T16:44:22.293 Template: missing variable {page} in folder
WARN 2021-06-02T16:44:22.293 Template: missing variable {pages} in folder

I notice the second series shows the Library but 1st doesn't

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #6042 by selmf
I think I see it now. There are two problems:

1. The config file of the library server is located in the container, so you need to add the libraries every time you update the docker
2. The container integrates libraries via Docker's volume mechanism and expects comics to be located on the container under /comics

Naturally, if your library is not correctly mounted your docker container will not be able to update or create it.

You can find instructions how to correctly mount and use the volume at jcshumpert's git for the docker:

github.com/jcshumpert/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #6043 by selmf
@jefftr66, @jcshumpert and other docker users: I have created an issue for this on our Github. It would be great if you could give some input on your user experience and troubles so we can cut down these problems in the long run.

github.com/YACReader/yacreader/issues/259

The current diagnostics and checks are simply not enough to easily solve problems like this.

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #6044 by jcshumpert

selmf wrote: @jefftr66, @jcshumpert and other docker users: I have created an issue for this on our Github. It would be great if you could give some input on your user experience and troubles so we can cut down these problems in the long run.

github.com/YACReader/yacreader/issues/259

The current diagnostics and checks are simply not enough to easily solve problems like this.


If I run across any issues I'll be sure to chime in. I remember when I was first learning Docker there were some hurdles I ran into, but can't remember any of the specifics. Now that I've had mine up and running for so long I (thankfully) haven't run into any issues.

I think some of the confusion may have been with the formatting of my readme. I think it was unclear to those new to Docker that the example commands have variables surrounded by <> that need to be updated to fit their preference. I just updated my readme to provide an example so hopefully that will be clearer for those just starting out with Docker.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #6186 by ipottersmith
Replied by ipottersmith on topic YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized - won't update l
Hi! I'm new to docker and raspian in general. I keep getting this error when I use your pull command, do you have any insight?

Error response from daemon: manifest for jcshumpert/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker-raspberrypi:latest not found: manifest unknown: manifest unknown


This is the pull command I'm using: docker pull jcshumpert/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker-raspberrypi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #6189 by jcshumpert

ipottersmith wrote: Hi! I'm new to docker and raspian in general. I keep getting this error when I use your pull command, do you have any insight?

Error response from daemon: manifest for jcshumpert/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker-raspberrypi:latest not found: manifest unknown: manifest unknown


This is the pull command I'm using: docker pull jcshumpert/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker-raspberrypi



The issue is docker tags are case-sensitive. Docker auto-tags the most recent build as 'Latest'. I'm not sure why it is auto-appending the 'latest' tag when you run the pull command. Maybe you have an older version of docker?

Out of curiosity, try updating your pi by running these commands:
Code:
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get upgrade

After each of those complete do a reboot with:
Code:
sudo reboot

And then try the docker pull command again. If that doesn't work, you can try this docker pull command to explicitly tell it to grab the 'Latest' tag.
Code:
docker pull jcshumpert/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker-raspberrypi:Latest

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!