- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 3
YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized
- jcshumpert
- Offline
- New Member
-
Anyone interested in running YACReaderLibraryServer on a Raspberry Pi should be able to do so pretty simply now without having to compile from source or build the docker image locally on the Pi.
If anyone is interested in more details let me know. I could probably put together a tutorial to cover it in a separate thread. I don't want to hijack this one.
At a high level, you would just need to flash a fresh copy of Raspbian, install docker, mount your comics library (USB Drive, hard drive, NAS share, etc), and then run the commands detailed in my docker repository: hub.docker.com/r/jcshumpert/yacreaderlib...r-docker-raspberrypi
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- selmf
- Offline
- Moderator
-
- Posts: 639
- Thank you received: 136
We generally could use an updated tutorial for the headless server, including docker details, but I would prefer to have this as a part of our documentation, not as a forum thread. There is already too much scattered information here that I keep meaning to put together for a FAQ or updated instructions, but something else always comes up, so … if you are interested in helping out, we'd appreciate it. We have some ideas of our own of how the guide should look like and what it should cover, so it probably would be good if we have a discussion before you hammer away. We could use the forum, but github or our slack (contact Luis for access) might be a better idea.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- jcshumpert
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 3
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Jamyz
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 9
- Thank you received: 0
Is it possible to enter a password/user? style .htaccess or other?
Thanks.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Evid3nce
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
Here are 2 screenshots maybe you can see something I'm doing wrong.
When I try to open a webpage to check if the library is set correctly I just got the message "Safari can't open ...."
Thanks in advance
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- alext41
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 18
- Thank you received: 5
at the moment i see only this command:
docker run -d -p <port>:8080 -v <comics folder>:/comics --name=yacserver muallin/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker
but with that i can only specify one folder.
But first i run into this problem. I added the container, but i'm not able to browse to the server page after i startet the container. Do i need to enable some ports for this on the synology?
thx
@lex
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- alext41
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 18
- Thank you received: 5
Evid3nce wrote: Thanks TheStryder for your help and clear post, still I don't know why it's not working I did exactly what you explained.
Here are 2 screenshots maybe you can see something I'm doing wrong.
When I try to open a webpage to check if the library is set correctly I just got the message "Safari can't open ...."
Thanks in advance
This is the same problem that i have. I'm not able to access the web-page after generating all things in the docker configuration. I see the container as running but i'm not able to connect to him.
Maybe someone can help us with this.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- alext41
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 18
- Thank you received: 5
I selected that the Container should have the same network settings as the host.Checkbox "use same network as Docker Host" After that i was able to reach it via the default port 8080.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Evid3nce
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Evid3nce
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 12
- Thank you received: 0
Is there a way to actually connect in Https ?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.