Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for Linux users.

YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized

More
5 years 8 months ago #5681 by selmf
Replied by selmf on topic YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized
That text is data for YACReader for iOS. Reading via a local browser is not supported and the interface you see is a legacy implementation for older versions of the app.

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #5682 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized
That web page is not how you are supposed to access the contents. The server is intended to be used with YACReader for iOS.

The iOS app has its own GUI to browse the remote content and open or import comics.

Check the iOS app user manual for more info: ios.yacreader.com/user-guide/

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #5794 by jefftr66
Replied by jefftr66 on topic YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized
Got it - I thought that might be the case.

Is there a way to enter my reverse-proxy address in YAC on my iPad? (yac.xxx.xx) I've tried it with my actual external IP and port number but that doesn't work.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #5800 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized
It should be possible as long as the port is forwarded to the ip and port where the server is running

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #5802 by jefftr66
Replied by jefftr66 on topic YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized
Well, holy crap. It's working now. I must not have had the port forwarded when I tried last. Thanks for the help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #5805 by pansan
Replied by pansan on topic YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized
I'm using the jcshumpert container with my comics library mounted from a network drive. I'm unable to sync reading progress from the iOS apps. Any help would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #5806 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized

pansan wrote: I'm using the jcshumpert container with my comics library mounted from a network drive. I'm unable to sync reading progress from the iOS apps. Any help would be appreciated.


Make sure you are running the latest version 9.7.1

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #5807 by pansan
Replied by pansan on topic YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized
I'm showing that the image is running v9.6.2
When I do a new pull of the image (docker run jcshumpert/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker-raspberrypi) the container it builds is still v9.6.2
Is there a docker image of v9.7.1?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #5811 by jcshumpert
Replied by jcshumpert on topic YacReaderLibraryServer dockerized

pansan wrote: I'm showing that the image is running v9.6.2
When I do a new pull of the image (docker run jcshumpert/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker-raspberrypi) the container it builds is still v9.6.2
Is there a docker image of v9.7.1?


My hub should have an image that was built a month ago using v9.7.1. Looking at the status in my docker hub it looks like it hasn't been pulled from in a month so make sure you're pulling the latest image before running the docker run command.

Docker used to auto-tag all new builds as "latest". The last couple of builds have been auto-tagged as "Latest". That change in casing might have caused you to grab the old stale image

Try running a pull command that explicitly states the Latest tag:

docker pull jcshumpert/yacreaderlibrary-server-docker-raspberrypi:Latest
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #6022 by jefftr66
I tried to run the update-library cmd after adding some comics today and the cmd seems to run but I don't get the messages I typically see. And it doesn't update the newly added comics

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!