Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: Viewing metadata in Library

Viewing metadata in Library 2 years 11 months ago #6187

thunderpuppy

Fresh Boarder

Hi- just started working with the library, and I'm finding it to be a bit of a mixed bag... which may be user error, because I'm just starting out.

For example, searches are effective but the results are hard to work with. I can't change or add columns (I can search for authors or artists, but the returns don't actually show any of that info). The results are always by issue number, so if I search for an author, it's a list of every issue and volume number 1 of each title, followed by adding that happens to be a #2... usually I can click the climb l column header to sort by that data: series, title, date, etc... but I can't seem to do anything to really make the metadata accessable or usable in the library.

I might just be using it wrong... but I can't see any way to make adjustments in settings either.

Any thoughts?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Viewing metadata in Library 2 years 11 months ago #6188

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 562

Sorting by column (or adding columns) is not possible yet. But what do you exactly want to achieve?

Starting with 9.0 there are a couple of views where you can see the metadata of the selected issue: yacreader.com/47-yacreader-9-0-is-finally-out

You should be able to refine a search as much as you want yacreader.com/57-new-version-9-8-0 and then you can create a reading list with the results (add a reading list, and drag and drop the comics).
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Viewing metadata in Library 2 months 2 weeks ago #8458

anton04

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

It would be nice to be able to click on a column and have all of the books be listed by that column's order instead of just issue number. When you have series that are separated by volumes but restart their issue number every volume, it would be nice to be able to quickly organize them.

Viewing metadata in Library 2 months 2 weeks ago #8461

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 562

There is some discussion about this on Discord: discord.com/channels/917481792179679263/.../1235156081429319721

Volumes should be grouped, and that would be part of the reading order logic. Until I change the behavior you can put different volumes in subfolders.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\