Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: The covers are not showing

The covers are not showing 2 years 1 month ago #6655

wajtik

Fresh Boarder

Hey, I only downloaded yacreader yesterday, so I am a new to all of this, but I have one problem. The covers are not showing, even tho i can read the manga, it still doesnt show the cover or the number of pages, that the volume contains. But it's only with some of them, most are showing the covers but still it kind of triggers me that there are some of them which do not. Also, if I click on edit and try to click the little row to change the cover, nothing happens. Any ideas how to fix this?
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

The covers are not showing 2 years 1 month ago #6656

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

Normally this is becacuse the app fails to extract the cover and process the file for some reason. Are those files corrupted or password protected?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last Edit: 2 years 1 month ago by Luis Ángel.

The covers are not showing 2 years 1 month ago #6658

wajtik

Fresh Boarder

They are not password protected, not sure if they are corrupted, as I said i can normally read it.

The covers are not showing 2 years 1 month ago #6659

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Can you send me one of them?
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

The covers are not showing 1 year 9 months ago #6849

middle_pickup

Expert Boarder

Thank you received: 2

I'm having the same problem. Any info on a fix?

The covers are not showing 1 year 9 months ago #6850

middle_pickup

Expert Boarder

Actually I might have a different problem causing my issue. My covers don't show the same x icon. My files are not corrupt, and I have tried rescanning my folders with the update function. As you can see the app reads the files in question just fine. The covers just don't show up.

See screenshots.
Attachments:

The covers are not showing 1 year 9 months ago #6851

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Can you check that the covers are actually in the .yacrealibrary folder? E.g. c:\my comcis\dc\.yacreaderlibrary\covers

You should see jpg files in that folder.

Do the covers show up in the grid view?

The covers are not showing 1 year 9 months ago #6853

middle_pickup

Expert Boarder

I will check. Btw why do all the covers get saved to the library's root folder? I have like 13 thousand images to look through now. Haha Would be so much easier if the covers were saved to each of library subfolders.

The covers are not showing 1 year 9 months ago #6856

middle_pickup

Expert Boarder

Looked through the covers, and I think the all comics in question are missing from the covers folder. At first I only thought it was my Ultimate Spider-Man files, but many other series have no cover in YAClibrary either.

Is there a way to force YAClibrary to refresh the comic cover files without scrapping my whole library, and starting over? I've started making some reading lists, and invested time doing that. Would rather not have to do it again.

The covers are not showing 1 year 9 months ago #6860

Luis Ángel

Administrator

I wonder what caused those missing covers...

Right now I don't think there is a way to force extracting all the covers again. I will add it. In the mean time, one thing you can do is to copy a library, delete .yacreaderlibrary from the copy, create a new library, and then copy the covers to the covers folders in the original library.

BUT, before you do this, open the "edit comic info" dialog, and use the arrows in the cover view to change the cover, then save, and then check if the cover is actually displayed by the app. Just to make sure YACReaderLibrary doesn't have any problems with those comic files with missing covers.

The library info is in the root folder because most people don't want extraneous files polluting their collections.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Laurent