- Posts: 88
- Thank you received: 7
Help and support for Windows users.
The covers are not showing
- middle_pickup
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
Less
More
4 years 2 months ago #6863
by middle_pickup
Replied by middle_pickup on topic The covers are not showing
Not sure if my first reply went through. I got an error message at the top of the page where you normally see the moderator approval waiting message.
I figured out why my covers were missing. I edited a bunch of my comics, and rescanned others to get better quality. The files have the same names, but the files are totally different. I tried your instructions, but I couldn't figure it out. I just decided to start the Marvel library over.
In the case that I need to replace a file like that again in the future, how should I do it? Would it work to delete the original files, and scan the library for the missing files first before adding the new versions and scanning the library again?
I figured out why my covers were missing. I edited a bunch of my comics, and rescanned others to get better quality. The files have the same names, but the files are totally different. I tried your instructions, but I couldn't figure it out. I just decided to start the Marvel library over.
In the case that I need to replace a file like that again in the future, how should I do it? Would it work to delete the original files, and scan the library for the missing files first before adding the new versions and scanning the library again?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
4 years 2 months ago #6865
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic The covers are not showing
Yeah, deleting, updating the library, copying the new files and update the library once more time.
The yacreaderlibrary just checks file names to help with the performance of updating libraries. Ideally it should check hashes.
BTW it is better to have a single library with all your comics if they are all in the same hard disk. Search only works in the current selected library.
The yacreaderlibrary just checks file names to help with the performance of updating libraries. Ideally it should check hashes.
BTW it is better to have a single library with all your comics if they are all in the same hard disk. Search only works in the current selected library.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- middle_pickup
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 88
- Thank you received: 7
4 years 2 months ago #6866
by middle_pickup
Replied by middle_pickup on topic The covers are not showing
Well I just finished creating a new library for my Marvel comics. That must not have been the reason for the missing covers because they're still not there on a ton of files. No idea what's the problem now.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- middle_pickup
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 88
- Thank you received: 7
4 years 2 months ago #6867
by middle_pickup
Replied by middle_pickup on topic The covers are not showing
Okay, weird thing. It looks like every file after a certain point is missing the cover. Am I running into a limit of some kind? My hard drive definitely has free space. It's not that. See pic.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
4 years 2 months ago #6868
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic The covers are not showing
No, there are no limits at all.
Did you delete the .yacreaderlibrary folder before creating the library again?
Did you delete the .yacreaderlibrary folder before creating the library again?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- middle_pickup
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 88
- Thank you received: 7
4 years 2 months ago #6869
by middle_pickup
Replied by middle_pickup on topic The covers are not showing
Not manually. I selected "remove library and delete metadata" within the YAClibrary app. Should I do that again, and delete the .yacreaderlibrary folder in windows explorer as well? I assumed that would be gone.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
4 years 2 months ago #6870
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic The covers are not showing
Yes, try that. If you have the folder or any file inside it open deletion could've failed.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- middle_pickup
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 88
- Thank you received: 7
4 years 2 months ago #6871
by middle_pickup
Replied by middle_pickup on topic The covers are not showing
Idk, man. I've tried rebuilding the library several times, and having the same problem every time. I deleted the .yacreaderlibrary folder. Same problem. I even moved the comics to a to a new directory in case the .yacreaderlibrary folder was not deleting fully somehow, and I have the same issue.
I have no idea what's happening. YAClibrary scans all the files. Sees all the files. It only creates covers up to a certain point then stops after issue 5 of the first volume of Spider-Man. Same as my last screenshot.
Does metadata get stored anywhere else?
I have no idea what's happening. YAClibrary scans all the files. Sees all the files. It only creates covers up to a certain point then stops after issue 5 of the first volume of Spider-Man. Same as my last screenshot.
Does metadata get stored anywhere else?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #6872
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic The covers are not showing
No, metadata only exists in .yacreaderlibrary.
Does it always stop creating covers at the same point? If you copy a couple of comics that don't have a cover in a folder and you create a library in that folder, do the covers get stracted?
What version of the app are you using?
Does it always stop creating covers at the same point? If you copy a couple of comics that don't have a cover in a folder and you create a library in that folder, do the covers get stracted?
What version of the app are you using?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by Luis Ángel.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
4 years 2 months ago #6875
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic The covers are not showing
BTW, check the logs in this path
Can you see any relevant message error there?
Code:
C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Local\YACReader\YACReaderLibrary
Can you see any relevant message error there?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel