- Posts: 40
- Thank you received: 1
Help and support for Windows users.
Run YRL as a service or configure to restart?
- dmaker
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
2 years 1 week ago #8829
by dmaker
Replied by dmaker on topic Run YRL as a service or configure to restart?
Neither of them have updates enabled.
Well, things are getting worse, not better. On the remote server I have to rdp into it to launch the app. Now, every time I then close the rdp session right after, the app crashes. I can repeat this on demand. So now, I can't even run a remote library for any amount of time unless I leave the rdp session open. And then, I assume, it would continue to crash on the usual 1-3 hour timeline.
About to give up, honestly.
Well, things are getting worse, not better. On the remote server I have to rdp into it to launch the app. Now, every time I then close the rdp session right after, the app crashes. I can repeat this on demand. So now, I can't even run a remote library for any amount of time unless I leave the rdp session open. And then, I assume, it would continue to crash on the usual 1-3 hour timeline.
About to give up, honestly.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 1 week ago #8831
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Run YRL as a service or configure to restart?
Ok, so the remote desktop sessions are the culprit then.
You can try to disable hardware acceleration in the settings: Settings -> Comic Flow -> Use hardware acceleration (uncheck), then restart the app an see if that helps.
If that doesn't fix the problem you should try using YACReaderLibraryServer from the command line. Enable the setting yo want in YACReaderLibrary, then close it, and then run "YACReaderLibraryServer start". If for some reason this still crashes your best option would be to use Docker: www.yacreader.com/forum/support-linux/26...creaderlibraryserver
You can try to disable hardware acceleration in the settings: Settings -> Comic Flow -> Use hardware acceleration (uncheck), then restart the app an see if that helps.
If that doesn't fix the problem you should try using YACReaderLibraryServer from the command line. Enable the setting yo want in YACReaderLibrary, then close it, and then run "YACReaderLibraryServer start". If for some reason this still crashes your best option would be to use Docker: www.yacreader.com/forum/support-linux/26...creaderlibraryserver
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dmaker
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 40
- Thank you received: 1
2 years 1 week ago #8838
by dmaker
Replied by dmaker on topic Run YRL as a service or configure to restart?
Thank you. I started to have some more general issues on that machine last night and ended up uninstalling YRL. Turns out, the File and Print Sharing and Network Discovery had been turned off somehow--perhaps a Windows update. So I couldnt access shared folders even.
So for right now, I am just running YRL on my laptop. I did a remove/reinstall and rebuilt my library. If I start having issues again, I will disable hw acceleration as you mentioned.
Thanks for your time and assistance with this.
So for right now, I am just running YRL on my laptop. I did a remove/reinstall and rebuilt my library. If I start having issues again, I will disable hw acceleration as you mentioned.
Thanks for your time and assistance with this.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 1 week ago #8839
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Run YRL as a service or configure to restart?
Ok, let know how it goes.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dmaker
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 40
- Thank you received: 1
2 years 1 week ago #8858
by dmaker
Replied by dmaker on topic Run YRL as a service or configure to restart?
Seems to be running fine now on my laptop. It's been up for a few days no with no crashing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dmaker
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 40
- Thank you received: 1
2 years 6 days ago #8866
by dmaker
Replied by dmaker on topic Run YRL as a service or configure to restart?
Where should I run the command "YACReaderLibraryServer start"?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dmaker
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 40
- Thank you received: 1
2 years 6 days ago #8867
by dmaker
Replied by dmaker on topic Run YRL as a service or configure to restart?
Disregard last question.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- dmaker
- Topic Author
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 40
- Thank you received: 1
2 years 6 days ago #8868
by dmaker
Replied by dmaker on topic Run YRL as a service or configure to restart?
Is there supposed to be a giant QR code obscuring the contents of the log file?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
2 years 6 days ago #8869
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Run YRL as a service or configure to restart?
when the server starts it prints a qr with connection info
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel