Welcome to the forum, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Library as web server...

Library as web server... 8 years 7 months ago #1755

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Hi! The current server code does not support encryption, so a password protection makes little sense. We probably will implement it if we switch to a server base that does support it though.

If you're looking for a way to securely connect to your YACReaderLibrary on the go then I'd suggest using a VPN or a SSH tunnel. These will provide you with a secure connection to your home computer so you can treat YACReaderLibray just as if it was running in a local network.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Last Edit: 8 years 7 months ago by selmf.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Library as web server... 8 years 7 months ago #1758

kinesia

Fresh Boarder

The vpn or ssh tunnel is a good idea. SSH tunnels sound tricky, but are easy to do if you read about it.

The main problem is I'm stuck with ADSL so my upload speed is terrible, I can't browse my collection at that speed.

A better way to copy comics over would be good. My main issue is that lots of things are in directories and I can't copy them into the iTunes App directory, it ignores them.

Using the web server works, but if the screensaver kicks in the app stops working and I have to restart from the beginning and keep touching the ipad every few minutes to keep it live.

I don't think Apple let you run the webserver in the background like I would like, but could you accept directories of files in the itunes menu?

Library as web server... 8 years 7 months ago #1759

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Yes, I personally like to use SSH tunnels when I only want to encrypt a part of my internet traffic or I want to tunnel a specific port.

I'm only involved in the open source part of YACReader, so I can't help you with the iOS related problems. The webserver should run in the background just fine though.
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Library as web server... 8 years 7 months ago #1761

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

kinesia wrote:
A better way to copy comics over would be good. My main issue is that lots of things are in directories and I can't copy them into the iTunes App directory, it ignores them.

I have added support for folders trees through iTunes in 2.0. So you should be able to import the comics that way. What do you mean by "it ignores them"?

After you copy the files to YACReader using iTunes, you have to go to the import section and then tap the "Import" button just bellow the usb cable icon.

I just have imported almost 1GB of comics in various folders using this method right now, so I think that it is working fine.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Library as web server... 8 years 7 months ago #1762

kinesia

Fresh Boarder

Thanks Luis, I'll retry, I might've done something wrong.

Library as web server... 8 years 6 months ago #1844

kinesia

Fresh Boarder

Aha! The import button doesn't look like a button, just a word on the page, I didn't realise it was clickable. Working now.

Library as web server... 8 years 6 months ago #1845

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

I have to do something with those buttons. They are giving me a lot of headaches :(
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
  • Page: