Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for Windows users.

Library as web server...

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #1755 by selmf
Replied by selmf on topic Library as web server...
Hi! The current server code does not support encryption, so a password protection makes little sense. We probably will implement it if we switch to a server base that does support it though.

If you're looking for a way to securely connect to your YACReaderLibrary on the go then I'd suggest using a VPN or a SSH tunnel. These will provide you with a secure connection to your home computer so you can treat YACReaderLibray just as if it was running in a local network.

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by selmf.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • kinesia
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
11 years 1 month ago #1758 by kinesia
Replied by kinesia on topic Library as web server...
The vpn or ssh tunnel is a good idea. SSH tunnels sound tricky, but are easy to do if you read about it.

The main problem is I'm stuck with ADSL so my upload speed is terrible, I can't browse my collection at that speed.

A better way to copy comics over would be good. My main issue is that lots of things are in directories and I can't copy them into the iTunes App directory, it ignores them.

Using the web server works, but if the screensaver kicks in the app stops working and I have to restart from the beginning and keep touching the ipad every few minutes to keep it live.

I don't think Apple let you run the webserver in the background like I would like, but could you accept directories of files in the itunes menu?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #1759 by selmf
Replied by selmf on topic Library as web server...
Yes, I personally like to use SSH tunnels when I only want to encrypt a part of my internet traffic or I want to tunnel a specific port.

I'm only involved in the open source part of YACReader, so I can't help you with the iOS related problems. The webserver should run in the background just fine though.

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #1761 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Library as web server...

kinesia wrote: A better way to copy comics over would be good. My main issue is that lots of things are in directories and I can't copy them into the iTunes App directory, it ignores them.


I have added support for folders trees through iTunes in 2.0. So you should be able to import the comics that way. What do you mean by "it ignores them"?

After you copy the files to YACReader using iTunes, you have to go to the import section and then tap the "Import" button just bellow the usb cable icon.

I just have imported almost 1GB of comics in various folders using this method right now, so I think that it is working fine.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • kinesia
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
11 years 1 month ago #1762 by kinesia
Replied by kinesia on topic Library as web server...
Thanks Luis, I'll retry, I might've done something wrong.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • kinesia
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
11 years 2 days ago #1844 by kinesia
Replied by kinesia on topic Library as web server...
Aha! The import button doesn't look like a button, just a word on the page, I didn't realise it was clickable. Working now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 days ago #1845 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Library as web server...
I have to do something with those buttons. They are giving me a lot of headaches :(

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!