Welcome to the forum, Guest

• Page:

TOPIC: Windows 10 touch version please!

Windows 10 touch version please! 6 years 10 months ago #3160

cnmcleod

Junior Boarder

Thank you received: 3

Please make a windows 10 tablets compatible version. Yacreader library and reader are fantastic but useless with windows 10 tactil hardware!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ZeroSigma

Windows 10 touch version please! 6 years 10 months ago #3165

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

Yeah, I know this limitation.

The idea is to develop a new app for browsing/read in windows tablets. But so far I don't have enough free time for doing it...
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Windows 10 touch version please! 6 years 10 months ago #3168

cnmcleod

Junior Boarder

Ok. I understand but at least make Yacreader operative with tactil screens, just page and menu... please...

Windows 10 touch version please! 5 years 8 months ago #4200

jazucco

Fresh Boarder

Any progress on this topic? Stuck using ComicRack which hasn't been updated in forever, but it does provide touch screen navigation on a windows tablet.

Windows 10 touch version please! 5 years 6 months ago #4308

middle_pickup

Expert Boarder

Thank you received: 2

I'm looking at getting a Surface Pro as my next mobile device. I would love to use the YACreader app with that. Will I encounter issues?

Windows 10 touch version please! 5 years 6 months ago #4311

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

zjDrummond wrote:
I'm looking at getting a Surface Pro as my next mobile device. I would love to use the YACreader app with that. Will I encounter issues?

The UI is not really suitable for touch screens. My plan is to create a specific version for touch screens on windows compatible with the current libraries, no ETA yet.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: middle_pickup

Windows 10 touch version please! 3 years 7 months ago #5356

redstonegenious

Fresh Boarder

A new reader would be nice. But can't see why a simple solution be added to the current reader. Can't two bounding boxes be placed in front of the managa page on the reader. And when a touch event is detected inside either box, instigate a page turn. I am not that advanced of a programer, so I may be worng. But that does not sound hard to code in at all.

Windows 10 touch version please! 3 years 7 months ago #5362

Uutama

Fresh Boarder

I just discovered this app and this is literally the only reason I can't use it. It's a shame because there aren't really that many alternatives that have built-in Library features. I currently use ComicRack but the code is so messy that my Surface doesn't like to play well with it.

I think all that would need to be done is allow you to map a keyboard shortcut with the mouse; i.e. Next Page = Left Mouse Click, Previous Page = Double Left Mouse Click. It doesn't need to be as intuitive as swiping features in the app, just enough to get us by until you can create something better. Please, I really want to use your program.

Windows 10 touch version please! 3 years 6 months ago #5437

FullMetalMaggot

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 4

The Microsoft Surface is one of the best devices to read comics on due to its size and aspect ratio so it is a shame there is as yet no native touch support. Not sure if its been mentioned before but this is the workaround I'm using.
Firstly the UI needs scaling;
1. Right click the running reader app then right click again the YACreader and choose properties
2. Under the compatibility tab click the "Change high DPI settings" button
3. Enable the "Program DPI" check box
4. Enable the "High DPI scaling override" check box and select System (enhanced) from the drop down
5. OK and exit out
This should make the UI size larger and easier to use

Secondly to enable touch support download the free app GestureSign from the the Microsoft store.
This will allow you to map touch gestures to actions and keystrokes in the YACreader app.
I have the following gestures mapped;
  • Two finger swipe left sends the right arrow keystroke, type "{RIGHT}" in the sendkeys text box
  • Two finger swipe right sends the left arrow keystroke, type "{LEFT}" in the sendkeys text box
  • Two finger tap sends the f keystroke, to enable/disable fullscreen, type "f" in the sendkeys text box
  • Three finger tap sends the i keystroke, to enable/disable page count, type "i" in the sendkeys text box
(note: see docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/syst...end?view=netcore-3.1 for the format of other keys you might want to enter)
Thats all I really need to get by, it would be nice to have pinch to zoom but that probably needs support in the app itself.
Also, if you two finger swipe up from the bottom you get a page by page cover flow to browse through the comic which is useful.
Anyway hope that helps someone out.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel, ZeroSigma

Windows 10 touch version please! 1 year 6 months ago #7112

ZeroSigma

Fresh Boarder

Hey guys has there been any movement on this, I would love to use YAC, it's the fastest PDF/CBR/CBZ reader I've found and also an awesome server, but due to no Windows Touch controls (Microsoft Surface) it's close to useless.
Can't you just add a next/previous page button to the bottom of the screen?
  • Page: