Skip to content
YACReader

YACReader pre-alpha 8.0

  • Luis Ángel
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #958 by Luis Ángel
YACReader pre-alpha 8.0 was created by Luis Ángel
Warning! This is a really unstable version, use it only for previewing the new features and giving some feedback.

Hi,

I am releasing a preview of YACReader 8.0. This version has some uncompleted features, but more or less it looks like the final version will look.

Instructions:
  • Just extract the folder 'YACReader-pre-alpha-8.0' and run YACReaderLibrary or YACReader.
  • Please, do not use it with your libraries. Create a sample library with some folders and comics and test it with them.
  • Be careful if you use the new 'delete folder' feature, you could loose your data.
  • This version is not compatible with the current iOS version, you have to wait until YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta will be released.

I would like to receive some feedback about the reading lists, right now there is no 'sorting comics' feature in reading lists. Sublists and comics can be mixed, but comics in the top level list will always appear first. Please, try to make your own lists and let me know what you miss from the current implementation.

I would appreciate any feedback

Try it! Download (only for Windows)

Some of the new features:
  • Reading lists
  • Tags
  • 'Favorites' and 'being read' lists
  • New search engine, now you can filter folders and comics
  • New grid view
  • Add and delete folders
  • Update a single folder (no need for updating the whole library to rescan a single folder)
  • Drag and drop for adding new comics and folders
  • Customizable shorcuts
  • Manga mode (thank you Felix)
  • Spread page detection for double page mode (including manga mode)(thank you again Felix :) )
  • New view for folders not containing comics (only subfolders)
  • Save selected covers to disk

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Luis Ángel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Qulox, robson.sobral

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #959 by robson.sobral
Replied by robson.sobral on topic YACReader pre-alpha 8.0
Hi, Luis!

You said we shouldn't run the library on our real libraries, but it just open on them! Is this a potential issue? Or I just need to add another library?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Luis Ángel
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #960 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader pre-alpha 8.0
Open and browse your current existing libraries will not cause any harm.

Once you launch this preview, just create another library in other location. f.e: C:\MyTestComics

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Luis Ángel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: robson.sobral

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #961 by selmf
Replied by selmf on topic YACReader pre-alpha 8.0

Luis Ángel wrote: Some of the new features:

  • Reading lists
  • Tags
  • 'Favorites' and 'being read' lists
  • New search engine, now you can filter folders and comics
  • New grid view
  • Add and delete folders
  • Update a single folder (no need for updating the whole library to rescan a single folder)
  • Drag and drop for adding new comics and folders
  • Customizable shorcuts
  • Manga mode (thank you Felix)
  • New view for folders not containing comics (only subfolders)

  • Spread page detection for double page mode (including manga mode)

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Luis Ángel
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 9 months ago #962 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader pre-alpha 8.0
List edited. I have also added another missing new feature: Save selected covers to disk

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #963 by selmf
Replied by selmf on topic YACReader pre-alpha 8.0
It's nice to see 8.0 taking shape. Now we just have to wait for the bug reports...

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #964 by aeg85
Replied by aeg85 on topic YACReader pre-alpha 8.0
I like the new view in the library. Add the option to change the background and be perfect. I would also like the option to cover folders and subfolders. THANKS FOR YOUR WORK IS GREAT. (Sorry if I do not understand, I'm not very good at speaking English)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #965 by josephm
Replied by josephm on topic YACReader pre-alpha 8.0
Hi Luis Angel,
I use an old PC with windows XT, but i receive the error that application is not a valid win32 application when I try to launch the executables.

Thanks for your work!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #966 by Qulox
Replied by Qulox on topic YACReader pre-alpha 8.0
So far is very good. :cheer:

Loving the grid comic view, although I prefer the strip view reading status icons; they are easier to see.


On reading list:
  • When I move the position of the reading list on the library it doesn't remember its new position (running as administrator didn't help).
  • How do I remove tags/labels from a comic without deleting the whole tag?
  • "Add to..." menu entry; would be nice a "New label" option.
  • "Add to..." menu entry should include add to reading list.
  • A lot of read comics (example: 31/31 pages) appear in the "Reading" reading list; in the strip view appear with the read icon, and in the grid view with the reading icon (...). They disappear from the list if I press the mark as read button

Bugs I've found so far:
  • In the viewer menu the "A" key fit to width shortcut doesn't show.
  • I can't open the right click menu in fullscreen, keyboard shortcuts still work. Apparently appears but is not displayed? because I can still (randomly) access its functions but is invisible.
  • Can't select all by pressing the "Select all comics" in grid view mode.

Drag 'n drop comics from the grid comics view to library folders would be goodly (extremely helpful for organizing). ;)
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Qulox.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Luis Ángel
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #967 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader pre-alpha 8.0
Thank you for the feedback guys!

aeg85 wrote: ...Add the option to change the background and be perfect. I would also like the option to cover folders and subfolders...

New features will have to wait, but I will keep your suggestions in mind.

josephm wrote: ...I use an old PC with windows XP...

There is an issue in my current building process, and the applications have to be patched for working with Windows XP. Don't worry, the final version will work fine in Windows XP.

Qulox wrote: ...I prefer the strip view reading status icons; they are easier to see...

This also concerns me. I was trying a new concept and waiting for the reaction of the users.

Qulox wrote: When I move the position of the reading list...

Yep, I am not saving this in the preferences....

Qulox wrote: How do I remove tags/labels from a comic without deleting the whole tag?

Select the tag, and delete the comic from it.

Qulox wrote: "Add to..." menu entry; would be nice a "New label" option.
"Add to..." menu entry should include add to reading list.

I think that there will be much more "reading lists" that "labels", and the "reading lists" also include sublists, so I think that "the add to..." menu could be too big if the "reading lists" are included. If I add "create new label" to this menu I should add "create new reading list", but it makes no sense if the menu doesn't include the "reading lists" (first problem)

Qulox wrote: A lot of read comics (example: 31/31 pages) appear in the "Reading" reading list...

I will fix it.

Qulox wrote: Bugs I've found so far...

Thank you. The 'A' is for switching between fit to with and fit to heigh, by default "fit to with" and "fit to height" don't have their own keyboard shortcut, I guess that I should add the switching action to the context menu....

Qulox wrote: Drag 'n drop comics from the grid

This will have to wait until after the release of this version (maybe 8.1).

Thank you again for all the feedback :).

BTW, happy new year!!

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Luis Ángel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Qulox

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!