Skip to content
YACReader
Help and support for Linux users.

Official Docker image for YACReaderLibraryServer

More
1 year 10 months ago #9045 by er45be
Not yet tested, will do soon. Is there any logging to be found?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #9047 by er45be
I don't think it is the image format, I really think is is the rar format. I will look into this in more detail. Takes some time. Is there any logging that could help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Luis Ángel
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #9049 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Official Docker image for YACReaderLibraryServer
The Android app doesn’t open compressed files at all. So if the server can open it, it’s not the rar format. Send me a file so I can test it please.

Silly question since we are in the offcial docker image topic but, are you actually using the official Docker image?, because there are lots of images out there that don't support RAR5.

And how did you create the library?

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Luis Ángel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: er45be

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #9069 by er45be
Understood, it is the unrar somewhere in the docker image that unrars.

Indeed I use the latest official docker image!

I created the library in the windows app!


I just have been busy a few days converting all my cbr to cbz.
I used the latest windows unrar from winrar. It performs better than the unrar in the YACReaderLibaryServer.
The yacreader windows app also has less problems than the YACReaderLibraryServer.

So maybe a version differene of unrar in windows and linux?

I had to add a lot of error handling to be able not to loose to many cbr. There were many porblems, one e.g. was that some cbr files contained different rar compressions method for different images.

I do not think that you should spent effort on this, besides checking the unrar versions. It would be helpful to get a better error message than 'could not open comic' pointing to the root cause of the problem.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Luis Ángel
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 10 months ago #9070 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Official Docker image for YACReaderLibraryServer
Both use the same version of 7zip to handle compressed files. I did some tests using the latest version of winrar and the docker container was able to handle it and the Android app was able to open the comic. So I don’t know what is going on, I need a sample to do some testing.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Luis Ángel
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 10 months ago #9075 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Official Docker image for YACReaderLibraryServer
I've got a sample file that worked fine on my end, I am not sure if it was you who send it or other user, I replied to the email address that came with the link to the file.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: er45be

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #9076 by er45be
Hallo Luis,

Indeed it was me...

I have no cbr files left, only cbz. Too many of my cbr files were having trouble, maybe because they are somehow not standard. Don't bother about rar I would say.

What bothers me is that the library I created with only cbz, is not working in YACReaderLibraryServer (YRLS).

I changed the name, and initialised again in YRLS.

If you use my local browser, I find the new library with all folders, when I browse the folders, I find all cbz. READ fails however, with a 404 not found.

My conclusion, somehow the database is corrupt.

My 5 cents, the path (folder/title) did not change, only the extension of the file from cbr to cbz. Somehow the database seems to point to something non existing. ('Comic not found')

The database of each library I have seeems OK. One library is functioning OK on windows/android/local webserver. The problem one is OK only on windows..

Is there a method to salvage / reset the YRLS dataabase?

If not I can always, reset the docker image..

Groeten,
Ronald

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Luis Ángel
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 10 months ago #9078 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Official Docker image for YACReaderLibraryServer
you can delete the .yacreaderlibrary folder from the library root, and then you can create the library again

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: er45be

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #9079 by er45be
I already re-created the new library on Windows.

I will install again...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Luis Ángel
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 9 months ago #9124 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Official Docker image for YACReaderLibraryServer

migube wrote: sure :)

docker config
volumes:
- /volume1/docker/Projects/yacreader-develop/config:/config

so under
/volume1/docker/Projects/yacreader-develop/config/.local/share/YACReader/YACReaderLibrary
I can find yacreaderlibrary.log -> where correct data is written
and YACReaderLibrary.ini

with
...
[libraryConfig]
IMPORT_COMIC_INFO_XML_METADATA=true
UPDATE_LIBRARIES_AT_CERTAIN_TIME=true
UPDATE_LIBRARIES_AT_CERTAIN_TIME_TIME=02:00
UPDATE_LIBRARIES_AT_STARTUP=true
UPDATE_LIBRARIES_PERIODICALLY=true
UPDATE_LIBRARIES_PERIODICALLY_INTERVAL=6

...


There was a bug in YACReaderLibraryServer code, a build is on its way

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!