- Posts: 55
- Thank you received: 9
Help and support for Linux users.
Official Docker image for YACReaderLibraryServer
- migube
- Offline
- Senior Member
-
Less
More
1 year 9 months ago #9127
by migube
Replied by migube on topic Official Docker image for YACReaderLibraryServer
tx I upgraded to the version of 6hrs ago, and at start it already is updating & logs seen 
will keep an eye
Feliz Navidad!
will keep an eye
Feliz Navidad!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- er45be
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 5
1 year 9 months ago #9130
by er45be
Replied by er45be on topic Official Docker image for YACReaderLibraryServer
Hallo Luis,
I have two libraries both managed from windows. One works perfectly in the browser and in android. For the other only the structure is displayed OK. File information retrieval fails.
I finally understood why. Both libraries are generated/managed fro windows.
The first library has as path: E:\Comics (The drive letter point to a location on my local drive)
The second library has a path Z:\ (The drive letter points to a location on my Synology NAS)
This has as consequence (I dumped with python the ydb):
For the first library:
[INFO] (2, 1, '000-Oneshot', '/000-Oneshot', 0, 1, 556, 'e4e053510429c9fa2ace1d99e9fc8d04d5cccd96107115802', None, 0, 0, 1730716560, 1735071372)
[INFO] (1, 2, 1, '12 Reasons Why I Love Her - Tenth Anniversary Edition (2016).cbz', '/000-Oneshot/12 Reasons Why I Love Her - Tenth Anniversary Edition (2016).cbz')
For the second library:
[INFO] (3, 1, '000-Oneshot', '000-Oneshot', 0, 1, 64, 'ec4aea1ab6f7dde4c28d97a6d45abecdd1cc7f8b63362617', None, 0, 0, 1735071445, 1735071448)
[INFO] (1, 2, 4, 'Aad Labadie - 01 - Centrum.cbz', '000-Oneshot/Aad Labadie.cbz')
Notice the missing / for the second library in the parent path and in the file path
I now understand why the files are not found / readable for the second library!
I re-created the second library with a different path to my NAS (Z:\Strips) moving the drive letter one level up...
And it works OK now.
What confused my is that the windows app is more forgving for the path: it work with and without the extra / in the ydb.
Merry Christmas!
Groeten,
Ronald
I have two libraries both managed from windows. One works perfectly in the browser and in android. For the other only the structure is displayed OK. File information retrieval fails.
I finally understood why. Both libraries are generated/managed fro windows.
The first library has as path: E:\Comics (The drive letter point to a location on my local drive)
The second library has a path Z:\ (The drive letter points to a location on my Synology NAS)
This has as consequence (I dumped with python the ydb):
For the first library:
[INFO] (2, 1, '000-Oneshot', '/000-Oneshot', 0, 1, 556, 'e4e053510429c9fa2ace1d99e9fc8d04d5cccd96107115802', None, 0, 0, 1730716560, 1735071372)
[INFO] (1, 2, 1, '12 Reasons Why I Love Her - Tenth Anniversary Edition (2016).cbz', '/000-Oneshot/12 Reasons Why I Love Her - Tenth Anniversary Edition (2016).cbz')
For the second library:
[INFO] (3, 1, '000-Oneshot', '000-Oneshot', 0, 1, 64, 'ec4aea1ab6f7dde4c28d97a6d45abecdd1cc7f8b63362617', None, 0, 0, 1735071445, 1735071448)
[INFO] (1, 2, 4, 'Aad Labadie - 01 - Centrum.cbz', '000-Oneshot/Aad Labadie.cbz')
Notice the missing / for the second library in the parent path and in the file path
I now understand why the files are not found / readable for the second library!
I re-created the second library with a different path to my NAS (Z:\Strips) moving the drive letter one level up...
And it works OK now.
What confused my is that the windows app is more forgving for the path: it work with and without the extra / in the ydb.
Merry Christmas!
Groeten,
Ronald
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 9 months ago #9131
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Official Docker image for YACReaderLibraryServer
Hmmm, that sounds like I am not handling the paths in a portable way, I need to investigate what is going on.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: er45be
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ww26
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
1 year 9 months ago #9146
by ww26
Replied by ww26 on topic Official Docker image for YACReaderLibraryServer
I just installed via docker on Ubuntu NAS:
```
yacreaderlibraryserver:
container_name: yacreaderlibraryserver
image: yacreader/yacreaderlibraryserver:develop
environment:
- PUID=1000
- PGID=1000
- UMASK=002
- TZ=America/New_York
volumes:
- /home/xxx/docker/appdata/yacreaderlibraryserver/config:/config
- /TiB50/data/comics:/comics
ports:
- 8342:8080
restart: always
```
`docker logs yacreaderlibraryserver` shows very normal INFO level log, with no warning or errors.
On my iphone I downloaded yacreader, then with YACReaderLibrary import, I put in my NAS address 192.168.xxx.xxx, with port 8342 specified. I see nothing in the library shows up. No information further of `docker logs yacreaderlibraryserver` either. May I know what I missed?
```
yacreaderlibraryserver:
container_name: yacreaderlibraryserver
image: yacreader/yacreaderlibraryserver:develop
environment:
- PUID=1000
- PGID=1000
- UMASK=002
- TZ=America/New_York
volumes:
- /home/xxx/docker/appdata/yacreaderlibraryserver/config:/config
- /TiB50/data/comics:/comics
ports:
- 8342:8080
restart: always
```
`docker logs yacreaderlibraryserver` shows very normal INFO level log, with no warning or errors.
On my iphone I downloaded yacreader, then with YACReaderLibrary import, I put in my NAS address 192.168.xxx.xxx, with port 8342 specified. I see nothing in the library shows up. No information further of `docker logs yacreaderlibraryserver` either. May I know what I missed?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 9 months ago #9149
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Official Docker image for YACReaderLibraryServer
what app are you using? are you tapping in the library name?
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ww26
- Offline
- New Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 5
- Thank you received: 0
1 year 9 months ago #9150
by ww26
Replied by ww26 on topic Official Docker image for YACReaderLibraryServer
I later figured it out:
for docker, I need to execute the 'create-library' command 'docker exec YACReaderLibraryServer YACReaderLibraryServer create-library MyComics /comics'.
The instruction on ' registry.hub.docker.com/r/yacreader/yacreaderlibraryserver ' shows command for creating library and updating library as 'YACReaderLibraryServer create-library MyComics /comics'. I believe this would be true if I get inside docker's shell. It would be good if the instruction is clear about it. I suggest update the instruction showing either getting into the container's shell, or outside the container but appending 'docker exec YACReaderLibraryServer'
for docker, I need to execute the 'create-library' command 'docker exec YACReaderLibraryServer YACReaderLibraryServer create-library MyComics /comics'.
The instruction on ' registry.hub.docker.com/r/yacreader/yacreaderlibraryserver ' shows command for creating library and updating library as 'YACReaderLibraryServer create-library MyComics /comics'. I believe this would be true if I get inside docker's shell. It would be good if the instruction is clear about it. I suggest update the instruction showing either getting into the container's shell, or outside the container but appending 'docker exec YACReaderLibraryServer'
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 9 months ago #9160
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Official Docker image for YACReaderLibraryServer
I thought it was clear because it’s using the internal `/comics` volume…I’ll add some more info to the instructions.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- er45be
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 5
1 year 8 months ago #9277
by er45be
Replied by er45be on topic Official Docker image for YACReaderLibraryServer
Hallo Luis,
I updated to the latest version and the update of the library now is done daily at the time I set.
This is visible in the logging: Great!
One message in the logging is: Error purging info from comic_info
Is this something important?
Groeten,
Ronald
I updated to the latest version and the update of the library now is done daily at the time I set.
This is visible in the logging: Great!
One message in the logging is: Error purging info from comic_info
Is this something important?
Groeten,
Ronald
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
1 year 8 months ago #9278
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic Official Docker image for YACReaderLibraryServer
I need to check what's happening, it probably means there is nothing to be deleted. But no, it's not important, without that error the behavior is the same as it was in previous versions.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- er45be
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 25
- Thank you received: 5
1 year 8 months ago #9279
by er45be
Replied by er45be on topic Official Docker image for YACReaderLibraryServer
Hello Luis,
I have been using yacreader on Android for quite some time on different networks. Most of the times with great performance. Once in while I get a message, Error: getting comic content
This looks like a connectivity error in the connection between Android app and YACReaderLibraryServer.
After trying again, it normally works flawless again.
I wonder if the connection, between Android app and YACReaderLibraryServer can be made more robust, retry or something like that...
A more clearer logging of the error could perhaps also initially help...
I found for my apps, that dips (drops/time-outs) in connections can not be prevented. I added some retry/recover/wait mechanisms and I never had problems since.
Groeten,
Ronald
I have been using yacreader on Android for quite some time on different networks. Most of the times with great performance. Once in while I get a message, Error: getting comic content
This looks like a connectivity error in the connection between Android app and YACReaderLibraryServer.
After trying again, it normally works flawless again.
I wonder if the connection, between Android app and YACReaderLibraryServer can be made more robust, retry or something like that...
A more clearer logging of the error could perhaps also initially help...
I found for my apps, that dips (drops/time-outs) in connections can not be prevented. I added some retry/recover/wait mechanisms and I never had problems since.
Groeten,
Ronald
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel