Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 11 months ago #1364

robson.sobral

Expert Boarder

Thank you received: 9

Hi!

I tested to import folders and comics using iTunes and everything worked fine, but I found something weird.

Even after delete all the comics, the space isn't released.

Now I have 604.37MB used by 0 comics!

I gonna delete and reinstall the app.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 11 months ago #1367

pedro_cucaracha

Fresh Boarder

Hi Luis,

I can't use the beta anymore since test flight tells me, that the licence expired.

Best regards,
Stefan
Last Edit: 8 years 11 months ago by pedro_cucaracha.

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 11 months ago #1368

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

My distribution provisioning profile expired yesterday...sigh :( Sorry guys

I will upload a new beta soon, probably this weekend.

@Drybonz, I am not sure if I understand you. Could you explain your issue a little bit more please?

@Robson, Are you sure that all comics were imported fine using iTunes. I have fixed a bug that was causing this storage leak when importing through iTunes failed. An another bug was causing fails while importing perfectly fine comics (an error generating the thumbnails)....

Thank you very much for all your feedback!
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 11 months ago #1369

Drybonz

Expert Boarder

Thank you received: 3

Sure, Luis... the problem was that (on my desktop) I hit "Update Library" to add the newest books into my library. However, YacReader started "adding" a large number of books that had already been in my library for some time, and to which I had made no changes, so it had no reason to be "re-adding" them (This has happened a couple times now).

In speculation, I thought this might have happened because I had been browsing the library remotely, on my iPad, while the desktop library was updating. I couldn't think of any other reason it would happen, as it usually updates normally (meaning just the newest books I add).

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 11 months ago #1371

robson.sobral

Expert Boarder

I didn't actually opened the files. I just imported and then deleted all of them, because I had the impression YAC Reader was using much more storage than another app for the same files. I found it was this storage leak.

I tried to test again, but... The test period is expired.

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 11 months ago #1379

robson.sobral

Expert Boarder

Hi, Luis!

The data migration issue on update is fixed.

If the app lose focus, the importing stops and then restart when you go back to the app. This is bad because the app doesn't prevents the screen to lock.

The importing process is really obscure. There's any indication of importing, besides a gray percent progress indicator on top right that gives the impression of a really slow process. The line below the monitor and the tablet could be a progress line. Plus, can we have something like "2/4" somewhere, that not that modal that appears on taping the progress indicator? I hated to have the importing info hided behind it.

There is some kind of storage leak yet. I imported and removed some comics, and the storage indicator showed 0.09MB for 0 comics. Then, I repeated the process: 0.37MB for 0 comics. I repeated again and: 0.53MB for 0 comics. Maybe a cache for the covers?

Bye, Luis!

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 11 months ago #1380

ClarkandBruce

Junior Boarder

Thank you received: 1

Hey Luis thanks for the beta test. Love the new look. Shocked me when I went to import. I imported 49 comics with file folder as YAC iPad TEST. Worked beautifully. Very smooth. I have "full cover" and does look better then before.

I then moved that folder to test browse PC and again worked perfectly.

After I deleted my read comics the settings does show the correct number of comics.

BTW I am using iPad Air 2.
I am Kal-El, the Man of Steel
Last Edit: 8 years 11 months ago by ClarkandBruce. Reason: spelling errors

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 11 months ago #1381

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

robson.sobral wrote:
The importing process is really obscure. There's any indication of importing, besides a gray percent progress indicator on top right that gives the impression of a really slow process. The line below the monitor and the tablet could be a progress line. Plus, can we have something like "2/4" somewhere, that not that modal that appears on taping the progress indicator? I hated to have the importing info hided behind it.

Did you tap on the importing percentage? There is a whole new UI for control the import process....
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last Edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Luis Ángel.

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 11 months ago #1382

kerkness

Fresh Boarder

Playing around with the latest build.

When i change the "Page turn tap settings" while viewing a comic I have to close the comic and then re-open before the new tapping selection is recognized. The comic still changes pages if you select the <- -> icons. Tapping will change the current page count but the view doesn't animate to the new page unless you close and re-open.

YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta 8 years 11 months ago #1383

robson.sobral

Expert Boarder

I tapped, @Luis. I found it by mistake.

I found weird to go to a screen just to see buttons to do what I already did. And all the info about what I'm waiting for is behind a tap on a faded percentage number.