YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta
- robson.sobral
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
Less
More
11 years 4 months ago #1470
by robson.sobral
Replied by robson.sobral on topic YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta
@luis, I tested with a different big file and the app crashed.
After remove all files from first test:
582.18MB for 0 comics.
After remove all files from the second test:
873.63MB for 0 comics.
I don't know if this is a bug, but the credentials for OneDrive are reset after every uninstall, but not the ones of DropBox or GoogleDrive.
After remove all files from first test:
582.18MB for 0 comics.
After remove all files from the second test:
873.63MB for 0 comics.
I don't know if this is a bug, but the credentials for OneDrive are reset after every uninstall, but not the ones of DropBox or GoogleDrive.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 4 months ago #1473
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta
Robson, I have imported a 450mb comic, the device didn't go to sleep at all and the import was successful. I need to borrow an iPad 2, and I will use an old computer as a server....
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- robson.sobral
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
11 years 4 months ago #1476
by robson.sobral
Replied by robson.sobral on topic YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta
I don't think you need an old computer. I just tested using a newer as server and it crashed too.
The issue is on older iOS devices.
---
The camera to capture the QR code doesn't work too.
The issue is on older iOS devices.
---
The camera to capture the QR code doesn't work too.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- ClarkandBruce
-
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
Less
More
- Posts: 34
- Thank you received: 1
11 years 4 months ago #1479
by ClarkandBruce
I am Kal-El, the Man of Steel
Replied by ClarkandBruce on topic YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta
I imported a 510 MB comic into iPad 3. No errors. Sizes are correct in the settings and in the usage YAC in the iPad
I am Kal-El, the Man of Steel
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- robson.sobral
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
11 years 4 months ago #1488
by robson.sobral
Replied by robson.sobral on topic YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta
Jut to make sure, because this bug is annoying for me too, I tested to import the same comics on the previous version of YAC Reader. Any issues! Two comics with over 300MB imported in a row just fine.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- robson.sobral
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
11 years 4 months ago #1489
by robson.sobral
Replied by robson.sobral on topic YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta
# investigating the storage leak
## device
iPad 2 running iOS8.3
## how to reproduce
- import some comics;
- delete all of them;
- take note of the storage used for 0 comics.
## Results
I started with the version currently available on AppStore. Importing and deleting several comics.
Storage used for 0 comics:
- 0.22MB;
- 0.40MB;
- 0.58MB;
- 0.79MB;
Then I imported some comics again, updated the app to the beta version and repeated the process:
- 0.09MB;
- 0.34MB;
- 0.40MB;
The leak slowly increases. My guess is that the cover thumbnails aren't being deleted. Or is there some log file I don't know about?
## device
iPad 2 running iOS8.3
## how to reproduce
- import some comics;
- delete all of them;
- take note of the storage used for 0 comics.
## Results
I started with the version currently available on AppStore. Importing and deleting several comics.
Storage used for 0 comics:
- 0.22MB;
- 0.40MB;
- 0.58MB;
- 0.79MB;
Then I imported some comics again, updated the app to the beta version and repeated the process:
- 0.09MB;
- 0.34MB;
- 0.40MB;
The leak slowly increases. My guess is that the cover thumbnails aren't being deleted. Or is there some log file I don't know about?
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 4 months ago #1494
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta
@Robson, those values are not an storage leak, they will increase and decrease and are part or the temporary files used by core data. Those temporary files are new in this version.
And finally I have reproduced your bug...............................using an iPad 2 and the comic you have shared with me
The second attempt just worked ok. But now I have something to work on.
And finally I have reproduced your bug...............................using an iPad 2 and the comic you have shared with me
The second attempt just worked ok. But now I have something to work on.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: robson.sobral
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
Less
More
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
11 years 4 months ago #1496
by Luis Ángel
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta
Good news! The bug is gone Robson. YACReader was using excesive RAM memory in the download process, causing old devices to get memory warnings. I have optimized the process and now it uses much less RAM.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- robson.sobral
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
11 years 4 months ago #1499
by robson.sobral
Replied by robson.sobral on topic YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta
Good to know, @Luis! Then, I will test using an 600MB comic book!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- robson.sobral
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
11 years 4 months ago #1504
by robson.sobral
Replied by robson.sobral on topic YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta
One comic book, 839.31MB: imported without issues!
Finally!
Finally!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
Moderators: Luis Ángel