- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
YACReader for iOS 2.0 beta
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
It is clear that the percentage indicator is not intuitive as a button, I have to think about how to add a hint or something...
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- robson.sobral
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
But I disagree on hiding the queue, even if you improve the button. You could show it below the tips, maybe. With an essential progress bar!
Please, forgive me if I'm bothering you.
Bye!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
robson.sobral wrote: Please, forgive me if I'm bothering you.
Not at all Robson, any discussions/thoughts/suggestions are always welcome. It is the only way that YACReader can improve.
Obviously, the 2.0 version is going to use the queue as it is (no time for major changes). But this doesn't mean that it could use a different approach in the future. We will see....
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- robson.sobral
-
- Offline
- Premium Member
-
To make the percent indicator darker is already a good improvement!
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- skrimaging
-
- Offline
- Junior Member
-
- Posts: 24
- Thank you received: 4
robson.sobral wrote:
To make the percent indicator darker is already a good improvement!
I agree that the percentage indicator should be darker.. took me a few glances around the screen to notice at first.. And tapped it by mistake to learn that it showed a detail view of the imports; which by the way, I love this new import detailed screen..
Maybe adding a text hint to tell users to "tap the percentage indicator for a detailed view of import queue"would be more intuitive.
A bug I noticed was that I could not Sync my read progress.. I tap on Sync button (int he Browse/Sync window of the app) and the Mac YAC Library 8.0.0 beta just quits completely..
everything else works well in my testing so far ( import from another app, import from iTunes).
It seems that the Mac OSX bug with fullscreen switching has been fixed as-well (could not replicate it).. so thanks alot for that.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- donncha
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 3
Those files import into the beta iOS app but when I read them the first page flashes up and the whole app dies. Maybe it's expecting the rest of the files to be Jpeg files too?
While navigating the import screens in the app sometimes the styling would disappear. I think it's more likely to happen while the desktop app is updating its library.
App is on the iPad Air, desktop is Mac OS X.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
ClarkandBruce wrote: Hey Luis....
Glad to hear you like it.
kerkness wrote: When i change the "Page turn tap settings".......
This bug was affecting to iPhone, and it was happening every time the viewer settings were opened.
skrimaging wrote:
A bug I noticed was that I could not Sync my read progress.. I tap on Sync button (int he Browse/Sync window of the app) and the Mac YAC Library 8.0.0 beta just quits completely..
YACReaderLibrary 8.0 beta 2 should fix this.
donncha wrote: I'm converting my comic book collection to webp so I was excited when I saw that the beta supported it....
Bug should be fixed in the new beta
Thank you all for the testing, your help is really appreciated
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- donncha
- Offline
- New Member
-
- Posts: 10
- Thank you received: 3
The app crashes randomly now while reading. Maybe once every 20 pages or so, and when I go back to the app it resets the reading to when I last started reading, not the last page I had read.
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
Obviously the crash is something that shouldn't be happening. It could be a memory leak....I will check it.
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.
- Luis Ángel
-
Topic Author
- Offline
- Administrator
-
- Posts: 3354
- Thank you received: 692
I am not sure if I am not getting bug reports about it because everything is fine or because there are no beta testers using it.....
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.