Skip to content
YACReader

YACReader 9.0.0

More
8 years 10 months ago #3439 by AnMartini
Replied by AnMartini on topic YACReader 9.0.0
Hi!
I've been using the macOS beta 3 with my main libraries and it seems working well!
There is a small problem with the ComicVine Scraper that is also present in the previous versions: the issues number visible in the series list when choosing the series is always one number below the actual issues number. Not a big problem, but it would be nice to have the right number :)
Also, even if probably this isn't the place for feature request, it would be really useful to "save" the series for a certain folder, so that you don't have to select it every time you add an issue.

- Andrea

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Luis Ángel
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 10 months ago #3440 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader 9.0.0 additional bug

all4all wrote: Bug:
In streaming mode, if i am half way the comics book on ipad and leave the book, it syyncronizes as “red” with red flag, instead of “in progress” yellow flag on both client and server


Thanks!

AnMartini wrote: Hi!
I've been using the macOS beta 3 with my main libraries and it seems working well!
There is a small problem with the ComicVine Scraper that is also present in the previous versions: the issues number visible in the series list when choosing the series is always one number below the actual issues number. Not a big problem, but it would be nice to have the right number :)
Also, even if probably this isn't the place for feature request, it would be really useful to "save" the series for a certain folder, so that you don't have to select it every time you add an issue.


Can I see a screenshot of the problem in comic vine scraper?

I don't understand your feature request, sorry :) Could you elaborate it please?

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #3474 by Silvio
Replied by Silvio on topic YACReader 9.0.0
YACReader 9.0.0 beta 3 (Windows)

When I opened the comic from YACReader Library, the sequence is messed up. It goes like this: Ch.1,Ch.10,Ch.11>Ch.19,Ch.2
The Library also kind of unresponsive unlike the previous version 8.5.0. Now you need to click the folder and then click the thumbnail to scroll up and down. Then if you want to navigate the folder, needs to click the folder first before scrolling.

This is my suggestion regarding the YACReader:
1. Why not add the option "Fit width if larger" and "Fit height if larger"? I found this option much more convenient than selecting the "Full size" or both "Fit width or height" when navigating.
2. Combined with the above, the option "Continuous reading" where all the pages of a chapter are loaded all at once. Reading while continuous scrolling down is my preference and more preferably.

Well, that's all for now. Thanks and good luck with the next version. :ok:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #3476 by selmf
Replied by selmf on topic YACReader 9.0.0
Hi Silvio,

if those chapters are in seperate files this bug should be fixed in the next beta or release candidate.

Suggestion 1: I don't quite understand that request. It sort of sounds like our "fit to page" zoom which always shows the whole page, thus fitting to width or height depending on what is larger. It's right next to "full size".

Suggestion 2: That has been requested multiple times. It's something we want to add but we would need to rewrite a good amount of our page buffering and display code to make it work. This code needs some refactoring anyways so sooner or later we will get to it, but I can't give you an ETA as it's not trivial to implement

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Silvio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #3477 by Silvio
Replied by Silvio on topic YACReader 9.0.0

selmf wrote:
Suggestion 1: I don't quite understand that request. It sort of sounds like our "fit to page" zoom which always shows the whole page, thus fitting to width or height depending on what is larger. It's right next to "full size".

Yep, I already used the zoom option but it's not quite like I have in mind though it really helps when I need to read some minuscule text. The features I mentioned above came from when I'm using CDisplayEX.

selmf wrote: Suggestion 2: That has been requested multiple times. It's something we want to add but we would need to rewrite a good amount of our page buffering and display code to make it work. This code needs some refactoring anyways so sooner or later we will get to it, but I can't give you an ETA as it's not trivial to implement

Sure, no problem at all and thanks for considering my suggestions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Luis Ángel
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 10 months ago #3478 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader 9.0.0

Silvio wrote: YACReader 9.0.0 beta 3 (Windows)

When I opened the comic from YACReader Library, the sequence is messed up. It goes like this: Ch.1,Ch.10,Ch.11>Ch.19,Ch.2


This is already fixed, in a few days I will publish a release candidate and it will be ok by then.

Silvio wrote: The Library also kind of unresponsive unlike the previous version 8.5.0. Now you need to click the folder and then click the thumbnail to scroll up and down. Then if you want to navigate the folder, needs to click the folder first before scrolling.


I can't reproduce this....I only need to move the mouse hover the area I want to scroll, no need to click here. Can I see a screenshot please?

About the fit options, you can try to use the fit to width and fit to height settings, and there is +- icon which will adjust how much fit you get, the results can be similar to those in cdisplay.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: Silvio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #3479 by selmf
Replied by selmf on topic YACReader 9.0.0
Ah, I think I understand. You want the fit to height/width zoom to stop enlarging images if the actual image size is smaller than the YACReader window.

Yes, we can do that. In fact I've been meaning to make this option available for quite some time now (roughly since we've added a "real" zoom function in addition to the fit modes).

Please open a feature request here .

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Silvio

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #3480 by Silvio
Replied by Silvio on topic YACReader 9.0.0

Luis Ángel wrote:

Silvio wrote: YACReader 9.0.0 beta 3 (Windows)

When I opened the comic from YACReader Library, the sequence is messed up. It goes like this: Ch.1,Ch.10,Ch.11>Ch.19,Ch.2


This is already fixed, in a few days I will publish a release candidate and it will be ok by then.

Silvio wrote: The Library also kind of unresponsive unlike the previous version 8.5.0. Now you need to click the folder and then click the thumbnail to scroll up and down. Then if you want to navigate the folder, needs to click the folder first before scrolling.


I can't reproduce this....I only need to move the mouse hover the area I want to scroll, no need to click here. Can I see a screenshot please?


Hmm, now I'm back to the 8.5.0 since the problems I mentioned previously occur. Ah, one thing I noticed during uninstalling the 9.0.0 then reinstalling the 8.5.0, the library data is incompatible so I need to recreate back the library. I'll try the using the next version when it came out. :cheer:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Luis Ángel
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 10 months ago #3482 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader 9.0.0
@Silvio it is important to provide feedback, I can't fix problems if I am not able to replicate them.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #3483 by Silvio
Replied by Silvio on topic YACReader 9.0.0
The screenshot of the problem here . Although I don't know if this helps. And the "Folders" listing at the left corner also unresponsive with the same problem. Need to click it first after I click the thumbnail.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!