Skip to content
YACReader

YACReader 9.0.0

More
8 years 9 months ago #3485 by AnMartini
Replied by AnMartini on topic YACReader 9.0.0 additional bug

Luis Ángel wrote: Can I see a screenshot of the problem in comic vine scraper?

Hi, I'm sorry for replying so late! Here there are two screenshots, I hope they can explain the problem.

Luis Ángel wrote: I don't understand your feature request, sorry :) Could you elaborate it please?

I'll try to explain it better. Usually in my library I have a folder for each series, and every time I want to add ComicVine information on a new comic I have to choose the right comic series. It would be useful if the series would be remembered for that folder, so that if I add a new comic in that folder when I want to add ComicVine info I only have to choose the right issue number, but the series is remembered for the folder. I hope it's more clear!

- Andrea

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #3489 by Smith
Replied by Smith on topic YACReader 9.0.0
Luis,

I have a huge pdf library that I will update to when I am back from my business trip (about 10 days time)

Hoping the error of not finding the files and width of thumbnails is fixed. Happy to provide feedback

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Luis Ángel
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 9 months ago #3497 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader 9.0.0 additional bug

AnMartini wrote: Hi, I'm sorry for replying so late! Here there are two screenshots, I hope they can explain the problem.


I have been testing this and I think the problem is in the Comic Vine side, I am just displaying what is coming from the server. So I won't add a "fix" for this in YACReaderLibrary.

AnMartini wrote: I'll try to explain it better. Usually in my library I have a folder for each series, and every time I want to add ComicVine information on a new comic I have to choose the right comic series. It would be useful if the series would be remembered for that folder, so that if I add a new comic in that folder when I want to add ComicVine info I only have to choose the right issue number, but the series is remembered for the folder. I hope it's more clear!


Thanks for the explanation, and yes it would be a nice feature to have.

@Smith Thanks for the testing!

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #3498 by AnMartini
Replied by AnMartini on topic YACReader 9.0.0 additional bug

Luis Ángel wrote: I have been testing this and I think the problem is in the Comic Vine side, I am just displaying what is coming from the server. So I won't add a "fix" for this in YACReaderLibrary.

You're right, I can see the problem is in the Comic Vine response. I checked on their API forum and the problem has already been reported over a year ago ( link ), but it doesn't seems like the API is looked after. I understand that you don't want to put a fix that could result in a bug if they'll eventually solve the problem, and I also understand it isn't a big deal. Yet it's a little bit annoying.

Luis Ángel wrote: Thanks for the explanation, and yes it would be a nice feature to have.

Thank you!

- Andrea
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Luis Ángel
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 9 months ago #3516 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader 9.0.0
9.0.0 Release candidate published. Links in the first post.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #3517 by bulochka
Replied by bulochka on topic YACReader 9.0.0
Permanently being crashed, when viewing 2 Gb CBR. May be we need x64 version for windows.

Edit: No links to pirated comics, please.
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by selmf. Reason: Link to pirated comic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Luis Ángel
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #3518 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader 9.0.0

bulochka wrote: Permanently being crashed, when viewing 2 Gb CBR. May be we need x64 version for windows.


Thanks for reporting this. 64bit builds are already supported by the build system, I will upload a x64 installer later.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last edit: 8 years 9 months ago by selmf. Reason: Link to pirated comic removed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bulochka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Luis Ángel
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 9 months ago #3519 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader 9.0.0
Added win64 version.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: maxwill, bulochka

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #3520 by bulochka
Replied by bulochka on topic YACReader 9.0.0
Luis Ángel, thanks. Seems, all works fine on x64 version. No more crashes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #3521 by bulochka
Replied by bulochka on topic YACReader 9.0.0
Sorry. New information about x64 version. I don't see crashes, but after several minutes of using it creates *.dmp file in AppData/Local/CrashDumps. x32 version don't do this. Windows 10 version 1709 build 16299.125

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!