Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: YACReader beta 8.0

YACReader beta 8.0 8 years 10 months ago #1441

Xukkorz

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 2

Not sure if this is a bug or intended but this seems to be a hog on graphics. I've noticed after a while my Laptop heating up for no reason at all and it seems to be because it is requiring the graphics card on OSX and will not use the integrated card. In the Mac Activity Monitor it states it requires high perf gpu. I've tried with and with out the hardware acceleration it doesn't really seem to change anything. My libraries are all local.

System info
Macbook Pro Retina
OS X 10.9.5
Intel Core i7 2.3GHz
Nvidia GeForce GT 650M 1024MB
Mid 2012 Macbook 15"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YACReader beta 8.0 8 years 10 months ago #1466

donncha

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 3

The beta 2 desktop library app crashes while importing comics. I'm using a 2015 13" MBP with 16GB of RAM. The comics are on a reasonably fast USB3.0 external drive formatted HFS.

The MBP is plugged into an ancient Dell monitor, so retina display is not used.

I'd be happy to run a debug version of the library if it helps.

The first beta was able to import all the comics, but it didn't show screenshots of the comics while importing, the second beta did show those screenshots.

YACReader beta 8.0 8 years 10 months ago #1471

robson.sobral

Expert Boarder

Thank you received: 9

Is it normal to have all these columns without a header?

Windows 8.1

YACReader beta 8.0 8 years 10 months ago #1472

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 543

@Xukkorz is your main graphic card a nVidia card? Changing between hardware and software acceleration needs a restart of the app, and it definitely helps, the software version will only use your CPU.

@donncha thank you for the offering, if I need some debugging in your machine I will tell you.

@Robson this is related to the bug that was suffering Qulox.

@Qulox, is the .exe that I sent you having issues with the table view??
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: robson.sobral

YACReader beta 8.0 8 years 10 months ago #1475

robson.sobral

Expert Boarder

Thank you received: 9

@Luis, I tested on a different computer, witha GForce display adapter and the headers are missing too.

YACReader beta 8.0 8 years 10 months ago #1477

Qulox

Senior Boarder

Thank you received: 8

@Luis: It's working fine, only difference I noticed is that the title font is larger (and that they are unsigned). :)

www.dropbox.com/s/10tqz0k4sgfeyqw/Screenshot%20%287%29.png?dl=0

www.dropbox.com/s/dpnltpollnzle14/Screenshot%20%286%29.png?dl=0
Last Edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Qulox.

YACReader beta 8.0 8 years 10 months ago #1478

skrimaging

Junior Boarder

Thank you received: 4

Would like to report that the Comic Vine tagging is having issues in the beta.. works great on version 7 of YACreader.

Every time I select more than 1 comic and try and fetch Comic Vine data, it gives me timeout error.. In version 7 I could select 45 comics at once with no problem.

more info:
Mac OSX 10.10.3
16 GB RAM
SSD drive 240GB.
MacBook Pro 13 early 2011

YACReader beta 8.0 8 years 10 months ago #1480

Xukkorz

Fresh Boarder

Luis Ángel wrote:
@Xukkorz is your main graphic card a nVidia card? Changing between hardware and software acceleration needs a restart of the app, and it definitely helps, the software version will only use your CPU.

It is a nVidia card, but I've tried both with hardware acceleration on and off and it doesn't seem to change it. My assumption is with hardware accel off it should not use the graphics card is that correct? And I have restarted the app. I wouldn't care about the card usage but these mac laptops run super hot.

YACReader beta 8.0 8 years 10 months ago #1481

selmf

Developer

Thank you received: 135

Turning off hardware acceleration only affects the cover flow. The grid view and also other parts are hardware accelerated, but use a different version of the OpenGL api. I can't say what's causing it to be a graphics hog, internal graphic cards should be enough to run it. Everything from an apple driver bug to a Qt bug (that's the graphics toolkit we're using) is possible. Just to be sure, could you check the cpu usage on your machine while running YACReader?
My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

YACReader beta 8.0 8 years 10 months ago #1482

Xukkorz

Fresh Boarder

Well it says 99% which makes no sense at all. Below is the activity monitor for it.