Skip to content
YACReader

YACReader beta 8.0

More
11 years 5 months ago #1272 by Drybonz
Replied by Drybonz on topic YACReader beta 8.0

Luis Ángel wrote: You can read in the iOS app remotely, so all the reading progress is kept in the server. Reading sync based on cloud is in my huge list of things to do :)


Luis, on a somewhat related note... I wanted to tell you that your mobile app is one of only a couple I have found that allows you to view cover thumbnails while browsing a remote library, and your app is, by far, the one that does it the best. I think it's a very strong feature for YacReader because it makes finding specific issues while browsing the remote library so much easier.

Just wanted to point out to anyone interested that this reader is doing something that nobody else is taking advantage of... very good stuff.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Luis Ángel

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Luis Ángel
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 5 months ago #1273 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader beta 8.0

Drybonz wrote:

Luis Ángel wrote: You can read in the iOS app remotely, so all the reading progress is kept in the server. Reading sync based on cloud is in my huge list of things to do :)


Luis, on a somewhat related note... I wanted to tell you that your mobile app is one of only a couple I have found that allows you to view cover thumbnails while browsing a remote library, and your app is, by far, the one that does it the best. I think it's a very strong feature for YacReader because it makes finding specific issues while browsing the remote library so much easier.

Just wanted to point out to anyone interested that this reader is doing something that nobody else is taking advantage of... very good stuff.


Thank you Drybonz :)

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #1275 by selmf
Replied by selmf on topic YACReader beta 8.0

Luis Ángel wrote:

selmf wrote: ...(I guess ;))...


you doubt me..... oh, my poor heart :'(

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:


Sorry Luis. It's just... I dug too deep. The things you did... the decaying code, the spanish curses in the comments... I've seen things no sane programmer should ever be forced to see!!! :'(

So yes, I lost my pure, innocent and trusting programmers heart, and I've abandoned all hope to regain it... :cheer:

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by selmf.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #1276 by Zeljko
Replied by Zeljko on topic YACReader beta 8.0
LOL. Comments are so bad? :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Luis Ángel
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 5 months ago #1277 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader beta 8.0

selmf wrote: Sorry Luis. It's just... I dug too deep. The things you did... the decaying code, the spanish curses in the comments... I've seen things no sane programmer should ever be forced to see!!! :'(

So yes, I lost my pure, innocent and trusting programmers heart, and I've abandoned all hope to regain it... :cheer:


I was tempted to moderate your post X( X(

F***ing open source code...

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #1278 by Zeljko
Replied by Zeljko on topic YACReader beta 8.0

Luis Ángel wrote:

selmf wrote: Sorry Luis. It's just... I dug too deep. The things you did... the decaying code, the spanish curses in the comments... I've seen things no sane programmer should ever be forced to see!!! :'(

So yes, I lost my pure, innocent and trusting programmers heart, and I've abandoned all hope to regain it... :cheer:


I was tempted to moderate your post X( X(

F***ing open source code...


No, you should post most funny parts :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #1279 by selmf
Replied by selmf on topic YACReader beta 8.0
YACReader's codebase is many years old and in the older parts of the code Luis still did his comments in spanish. So spanish comments pretty much means ancient code in YAC-terms. Luis pretty much swims like a fish in these code part's but I usually end up needing some cleanup work and the occasional rewrite of a function or two to understand what's going on or to fix a bug.
That being said, YACReadears structural design is actually pretty solid. For the current beta, I was twice forced to do some major changes to the code to get a feature done or remove some bugs. For example, the new spread page suppression feature for double pages required a complete rewrite of the double page handling code. Thanks to Luis solid implementation of general page handling, I was able to do that without too much troubles and even catched some bugs while doing it. Same goes for comic archive handling. The beta revealed a lot of problems in the archive handling code, so we had to change a lot of stuff, but the actual interface for the handling code is pretty solid. As a result, you actually *might* get a little speed improvement when opening comics in YACReader and scanning your library, but I can't promise the result of our local test runs will really show in a real world scenario.

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zeljko

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #1280 by Zeljko
Replied by Zeljko on topic YACReader beta 8.0
That's why we are here, to help you in testing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #1303 by Qulox
Replied by Qulox on topic YACReader beta 8.0
So I have this issue(?)

I use one of those cheap generic USB keyboards with media keys (play/pause, next, stop, etc) and if I have the library or the reader open and on focus I can't change the songs that I'm playing, but as soon as I minimize or click on the task-bar for example the keys work again. For what I understand, the keyboards (also tried with a old PS/2 one) recognize YacReader as a media application so it tries to affect it.

Not really bothering me (just realized it was this a while ago), just seemed weird.

EDIT: It also happens when using a GOG game patcher but not with the main installer, (why computers, why? :cheer: )
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Qulox.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Luis Ángel
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 5 months ago #1307 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader beta 8.0
I will try to replicate this issue with my keyboard Qulox. Since YACReader catches keyboard input directly, I guess that it is blocking some events. It should be fixable, I'll see.

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: Qulox

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!