Welcome to the forum, Guest

TOPIC: YACReader beta 8.0

YACReader beta 8.0 8 years 11 months ago #1328

ST

Fresh Boarder

Thank you received: 1

I have unchecked "use hardware acceleration" and it happens the same thing.

The most annoying thing is I can´t click icons in the lower bat to go to the desired comic.

I have found another bug:
  • When I right click on a comic it appear a "contextual menu" floating around. If I don´t click anything the contextual menu doesn´t disappear, so if I right click another comic there will appear another contextual menu, and you have to close the program to disappear all the contextual menu.
  • If you click a comic, you select it.If you select another you deselect the old one and select the new one. The problem is if you select all the comics in a folder you can´t deselect the comics, you have to change to a different folder. I think it would be better to be able to deselect a comic if you have more than one comic selected.

I have changed the API key and it is working now. I don´t like the way some comics with multiple volumes are ordered: It start to order with issue 1 with volume 1,2 or 3 together, then issue 2 an so on. I think it would be better the volume 1 should be together and following the volume 2 then.
Last Edit: 8 years 11 months ago by ST.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

YACReader beta 8.0 8 years 11 months ago #1329

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Thank you received: 544

The context menu bug is only affecting the MacOSX version. I have to check if it is a bug in Qt 5.4. :angry:

You are right about the selection bug. In the meantime you can use ctrl+click for deselecting items...

Comic Vine scraper is still a beta version, so there is a lot of room for improvements. Other users have already pointed out some usability issue. I will update the scraper in future releases (8.x)
Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

YACReader beta 8.0 8 years 11 months ago #1330

kerkness

Fresh Boarder

Hey. I decided to give your beta a try. I'm on OSX 10.10.3

I had no problems creating a library and adding some folders. Also added an API key and downloaded some details with no issues.

The only problem preventing further testing is the details area is blank. Added a screen shot for reference.

Hope that helps. Happy to test anything specific and report back if need be.
Last Edit: 8 years 11 months ago by kerkness. Reason: inserting image

YACReader beta 8.0 8 years 11 months ago #1331

Luis Ángel

Administrator

Welcome to the forum kerkness,

I think that I have fixed this bug (I can't replicate it anymore....) beta 2.0 it's on its way.

You have to edit YACReaderLibrary.ini and delete the COMICS_VIEW_HEADERS section (be sure that YACReaderLibrary is closed when you do it). You can find this file in /Users/yourusername/Library/Application\ Support/YACReader/YACReaderLibrary
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
Last Edit: 8 years 11 months ago by Luis Ángel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kerkness

YACReader beta 8.0 8 years 11 months ago #1359

ST

Fresh Boarder

I have found more bugs.
  • If I deselect the hardware acceleration option and I try to change the comic view option the app freeze. With that option active everything is fine.
  • I have tried to transfer to my ipad 1 some comics. Everything is fine with the dropbox and itunes options, but if I tried to import some comics by the IP server it appears this message "bad info from yacreader library. Your library or comics could have corrupted information...". I can read it, but I can´t import it to the iPad.
  • When I am importing or updating comics the App it does´t show them in the preview.
Last Edit: 8 years 11 months ago by ST.

YACReader beta 8.0 8 years 11 months ago #1361

Luis Ángel

Administrator

1.- I think that this issue should be fixed in 8.0 beta 2

2.- The server API has changed from YACReader 7.2.0 to YACReader 8.0. So importing will need YACReader 2.0 for iOS (I didn't read your message in the spanish section until now, sorry :( )

3.- This has been fixed and will work fine in the beta 2

YACReader beta 8.0 8 years 11 months ago #1396

Luis Ángel

Administrator

I have released the beta 2, please read the first post and let me know if you find any bugs.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Qulox

YACReader beta 8.0 8 years 11 months ago #1398

robson.sobral

Expert Boarder

Thank you received: 9

Hi, Luis!

If I click on Change between comic views, the library doesn't freezes anymore, but nothing appears, besides a white screen.

YACReader beta 8.0 8 years 11 months ago #1400

ClarkandBruce

Junior Boarder

I like the percent sign color also I saw the hand to touch but after you do that once it doesn't come back. Is that correct??
I am Kal-El, the Man of Steel

YACReader beta 8.0 8 years 11 months ago #1403

Luis Ángel

Administrator

@Robson, what graphic card do you have? Are its drivers updated?

@ClarkandBruce, yes, the hand is a visual hint, once you know that you can tap on the percentage indicator is no longer needed.