Skip to content
YACReader

YACReader beta 8.0

  • Luis Ángel
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 5 months ago #1261 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader beta 8.0
The iOS beta should be ready soon, so the integration would work again.

Do you have your graphic drivers updated? Let me know if updating them fixes issue #2

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #1262 by Drybonz
Replied by Drybonz on topic YACReader beta 8.0
Hey Luis... I was wondering if that iOS beta version will show up in the Apple store, or if you are distributing the ipa here when it's ready?
Last edit: 11 years 5 months ago by Drybonz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #1263 by Zeljko
Replied by Zeljko on topic YACReader beta 8.0
I'm looking for Android version :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #1264 by selmf
Replied by selmf on topic YACReader beta 8.0
The iOS version isn't portable. We're steadily increasing the portability of the desktop version, but for Android (and Windows Phone and whatever niche phone/tablet os) it will need remote reading support and a touch-enabled interface, which more or less means a complete rewrite of the interface. The Qt toolkit we're using has some interesting features related to this, so it definitely is doable, but we're not just talking about writing three lines of code and it'll work, we're talking about replacing the entire interface, so it's hard to tell when if ever Luis or I will find the time to work on this.
However, afaik touch support and mobile versions *are* on Luis 'nice-to-have' list, so it probably will happen once more pressing tasks are done. We really could use someone who's good at this stuff and knows OpenGL...

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #1265 by Zeljko
Replied by Zeljko on topic YACReader beta 8.0
Thx for the answer and your work on the app. I've exchanged few emails with Luis about Android support and I'm aware of the problem. I'm not pushing you or demanding. It was just my wish :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Luis Ángel
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 5 months ago #1266 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader beta 8.0
I have to say that I prefer native development over Qt in mobile devices. I am not sure if porting the current desktop version will really imply less work than starting from scratch.

My experience with the iOS version is that designing the UI/UX and implementing it takes almost all the time.

I have some experience with Android, so having an Android version is doable, but it is a matter of time. YACReader is a side project and sadly I can not make a living out of it, so I have to develop it after work in my free time. Even the terrific job that selmf is doing helping me is not enough for targeting more platforms.

It is also my wish Zeljko ;) let's see what the future brings

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zeljko

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #1267 by Zeljko
Replied by Zeljko on topic YACReader beta 8.0
I don't know do you have integration between desktop and mobile app. For example, start reading on one device and continue on another. Actually you can implement that between apps (desktop, laptop, tablet, watch? :)) That would be cool feature to pay for, if you start selling app on mobile market.
You can achieve that by adding cloud support (very popular these days) to sync bookmarks, progress, even comics. Should not be very difficult to implement.

Yeah sadly statistic is really bad, over 250k downloads and only 104 donors (proud to be one of them, twice I think :)). If everyone donate just one dollar... you wouldn't be reach or even earn enough for living but they will show respect to you.

Are you selling your app on iTunes? If not, you should. The same for Google play. Million downloads with one dollar price... I wish my percentage for the idea :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #1268 by selmf
Replied by selmf on topic YACReader beta 8.0
Thanks for donating Zeljko, and thanks for the warm words Luis ;)

Well, we can't do much more than asking for donations for open source apps. YAC* for iOS is a native closed source rewrite, so you're actually paying for the smooth, native integration (I guess ;) ).

I actually have no idea how much work porting the desktop version would imply. It's just that every added native version means one more codebase that needs maintaining. Qt would at least imply some degree of touch support on every plattform without reinventing the wheel each time. On the other hand, we do have had our fair share of bad experiences with Qt on mac, so...

For now, I'm pretty well occupied working on the linux version and doing backend cleanup, so I've no time for interface experiments...

My answers are not necessarily official YACReader statements but mostly represent my own opinion in technical matters.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zeljko

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Luis Ángel
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 5 months ago #1270 by Luis Ángel
Replied by Luis Ángel on topic YACReader beta 8.0

selmf wrote: ...(I guess ;))...


you doubt me..... oh, my poor heart :'(

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Zeljko, I am only selling the iOS version...You can read in the iOS app remotely, so all the reading progress is kept in the server. Reading sync based on cloud is in my huge list of things to do :)

Contribute to the project becoming a patron: www.patreon.com/yacreader
You can also donate via Pay-Pal: www.paypal.com/donate?business=5TAMNQCDD...e=Support+YACReader\

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 months ago #1271 by Zeljko
Replied by Zeljko on topic YACReader beta 8.0
So make and start selling Android app with reasonable price ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Luis Ángel
Powered by Kunena Forum

Thanks for downloading YACReader!

Your download is starting.

YACReader for iOS and Android

Connect to YACReaderLibrary to browse, read remotely and import comics. Your reading progress is synchronized across devices.

Download on the App Store Get it on Google Play Available at Amazon Appstore

Discover all the features on the iOS and Android pages, and learn how to use them in the iOS and Android user guides.

Support YACReader

YACReader for desktop and server is free to use, but it is not free to develop: maintaining this website, developer programs, code signing certificates, test devices and, of course, all the time it takes. Less than 0.01% of downloads end in a donation, so any amount counts.

By supporting the project you help keep it regularly updated and, most importantly, alive. Thanks!